• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

pushup problems

Gee, you should be glad you can do 48!

I have terrible problems with push-ups for some reason. I can do about 20 "girly" push-ups (you know, the ones you do on your knees), but I'm lucky if I can get past 5 normal push-ups without collapsing. No matter how hard I try, or how often I do push-ups, I never get any improvement on this. :(

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, having a lot of sugar right before a workout isn't good. Its the classic "sugar-high" where your blood sugar level will spike, then fall drastically and you feel weak and have no energy.

Diet is a very important part of health and fitness, obviously. Some people say they can eat whatever they want and they'll actually work it all off, but it alway catches up to you in the end...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Icetuete, girly pushups are commonly referenced when you do a pushup while on your knees. A regular pushup would be to have your toes on the ground with your entire body laid out straight and pushing up/down. A "girly" pushup is when you rest your knees on the ground, sometimes crossing one foot over the other, and then executing your pushups from that position.

I know some girls that would kick my butt in doing pushups :)

It's just an easier way to do them.. You don't get quite the same weight as you would doing them the 'correct' way.

Maybe someone is going through rehab or injured themself and are trying to rebuild their muscles...

It also helps to do them in sets when first starting out, such as doing 20-30 regular pushups, then 20-30 wide-arm pushups, then 20-30 diamond pushups. You can throw other arm exercises in there that work slightly different muscles or just other exercises to give them a break. By doing different kinds of pushups, you can work on getting an even more complete workout with pushups. Also, working on the lower back muscles helps you hold the pushup position longer. Be careful when lifting weights for your back though, thats how Bruce Lee hurt himself (none of this cheesy, made-up Hollywood "He got kicked in the back" business...).

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

anyone here do the full stretch tiger push up jackie chan stylee?

kills your abs the moment you attempt it!!!

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."