• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

pushup problems

for some strange reason i can't do much pushups i stop at 48 when i should have stopped at least 65 since my strength is coming back. Could it be because i ate too much cuz i had myself rice and beans, with some some meat. I ate at 5:30, then i started drinking a lot of juice at 8:00. finally ate some popicles and fruits 8:30. could it be because of digestion that all that energy was focused on my stomach help.

Whatever happens happens

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 :o I can barely do 25 .... on a good day LOL. Bad wrists. I don't eat before class. It does make me sluggish. I try to eat for energy, but no sooner than two hours before class. Everyone is different. I knew a kid that would just fall over if he didn't eat before class.

I would say adjust your eating habbits for workouts, and see what happens.

Laurie F

See, (after you reach 65) if you can get it to 100. This would be a big accomplishment, because i seem to have found a sticking point at 85.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Try not having so many carbs before your workout. Carbs need more water to digest than any other molecule (4 molecules..compared to 1-2 for protein and fat) and so your water weight goes up due to the massive amount of simple sugars you have prior to your workout. And yes, when you eat directly before a workout your energy levels are going to drop drastically. Aproximately 1/5 of your daily BMR (base metabolic rate) comes from your body putting energy into your digestive process, this energy has to come from somewhere so it takes it from your muscles and other "unnecessary" systems in order to digest the food. Try having the rice, beans, and meat at dinnertime waiting 2 hours then doing your workout and having the carbs and other food afterwards. Your energy levels will be up although I don't guarantee anything nowadays, I am fairly certain that your workout will be more satisfactory than in previous times.

Do pushups every second day, take a break let the muscles recover. Eventually a person can work themselves up to well past 100.

It just takes time I also Highly recomend 3 basic weight lifting exercises.

Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Presses.

I like the old saying if you want bigger arms do squats.

I have used and suggested 2 tried and tested methods for improving your push up rep count.

1. Do push ups every other day increasing the rep count by two each time. When it gets real hard increase by just 1. Do it for about 6 weeks or until you just can't make any progress. Then take a week off and start again. Don't carry on from where you left off though. Drop ten-twenty reps and start the cycle again. If you can already comfortably do 65 then I would say start at about 50.

2. Pyramid your push ups. Do 1 pushup, rest 10secs, do 2, rest 10, do 3, rest 10, etc, etc. When you reach 10 drop back down. Do 9, rest 10, do 8, rest 10 until you reach back down to one. Thats 110 push ups. Believe me this is harder than it sounds. If you do find it easy increase the reps and shorten your rest period.

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

• 4 weeks later...
Also try doing serveral through out the day for a few weeks. When you wake up, go to work/school, before karate, before you go to bed, etc. This will build up your muscles w/out trying to do the max everytime you push up. Then just keep adding 5 more each time you feel good enough to!