• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you enjoy your job?

telsun

I am happy with my life I have a lovely wife, two beautiful little girls, a modest house and car.........you get the picture. I also have debt which is a bit of a head ache but it's under control :)

So the point of this thread?

It was my first day back to work today after a couple of weeks off. I Struggled to get up but the long 12 hour day was......okay. I am happy with my life except for my work. I work for a pharmaceutical company making tablets. It's okay but I thought that I would make more of my myself than this.

I dream of owning a gym/martial arts school. With a mortgage and wife and kids to support that is all it will be, a dream.

I do not wish to be a millionare although that would be very nice. I want to do rewarding work that I enjoy doing, although it must support my family. I just don't know what to do with myself.

Karate is my life, it is the only thing I can really confess to being any good at. But I will never make a living from it, which is very disheartening.

My questions to all of you are:

What do you do?

Is that what you chose to do? If it is why?

What is your dream job/childhood dream?

Should I stick with my job and just consider myself lucky that my job is okay or make steps to better myself?

Have you made millions? If so how!!

Have you made martial arts your life and work?

Please give me advice I really could do with some wise words

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah teaching history, coaching football and teaching karate I have a blast.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I just quit a job I liked in a way. The owners were very nice, but the job stunk :( I hate working nights. I didn't have time for my honey.

I work in a Feed store now (sells all kinds of feeds from dog and cat food, to horse feed. Plus other pet related goodies). I work day shift, full time (almost .... 32 hours), which is much better than part time. The owners have two stores (I work both), and they are very nice people. I like animals, too, so this is a good job for me :)

I'd like to open my own school in about 5 years (or when I get my 4rd dan, which ever comes first). My honey and me are planning for it. We have bills also, but he has stocks, and retirement coming. I'm going to take classes to be a fitness and nutrition person, plus classes on small business management. When the time comes, he'll take retirement, and sell his stocks. Plus we are saving for it, even if it's just a few bucks a week.

Laurie F

I only do Saturday work in a shoe shop, but I hate it so much.

The people I work with are nice, and even most of the customers are OK, but I just get really stressed out because you have to go and fetch the shoes for the customers and I always worry that I'm too slow while searching in the stock room.

I'm going to Uni after summer to study archaeology, and I'd quite like to be an archaeologist or a museum curator when I've left Uni. Mind you, 4 years of Uni could change my mind on that I'm sure! lol.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

I work in a music shop and play gigs around the city, I am a drummer it pays pretty good and I like to play music so it's pretty good. My band is trying to get a sponsor to take us on tour so cross your fingers :angel:

Just thought I'd add this so one day you might see me

Number 4 the name of our band.... not to good but uh it works :(

i work for the government and just recently got out of the military, so i am now working as a civilian for the same people.....i teach martial arts now, i have been doing that for a side job for over 4 yrs now, i like teaching martial arts, and i like working with the government,

someday when we move back to the states for good i would like to build my own dojo and just relax........aaaaaaa

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

My job isn't exactly what I really want to do in life, but in this day where the job market is tight I can't complain too much. Of course, the ideal job would be to sit back and watch the money roll in, but how often does that happen? If you want to change your career, get more educated (certifications or higher degree) and/or look for some other company. You will never have the oppurtunity to advance or change without taking risks, right?

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

What do you do?

I'm a freshman in college (or I will be in the fall) and I work part time (10-20 hours a week) at BlockBuster. I lift weight (my first love) and I do martial arts.

Is that what you chose to do? If it is why?

Yeah, for now, I don't see much else to do!

What is your dream job/childhood dream?

To be a pro wrestler

Should I stick with my job and just consider myself lucky that my job is okay or make steps to better myself?

Make steps to better your self, bro! Always better your self. I've been told, the closest we come to perfect will be on our death beds! Keep striving for a great life till then

Have you made millions? If so how!!

lol, please...

Have you made martial arts your life and work?

No. I let all the things I do enrich my life, not define my life.

Let's see...I'm a high school student. Not my choice, but it's really not too bad.

My dream job is to be a successful singer/songwriter. I don't really care about fame, I just want to be making enough money so that it's my one and only job. I just love music. Sure, being famous and having concerts would be great...I just want people to hear my music and like it, and I don't want to have to work a part-time job on the side.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.