• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ouchiiess!

fireka

Last tuesday, i went to the dojo and we were working on speed. so we like, had these drills, that were supposed to help increases our speed. Like jumping like insane monkeys and stuff. And then we sprinted across the mat with our knees in the air like we were mad men in a nudist colony.

its been two days, and my hips and booty and stuff still ache! i tried putting on ice but i cant get the ice in everyplace it hurts at once! its so bad that i have trouble walking up and down stairs, i cant train at home because when i get down in a low poistion for balance it hurts like crazy! what should i do?

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Get a massage. Nothing like a good massage. Me personally, I just tough it out and still do my workouts, just not so long. I give my muscles time to rest, but I still stretch so that they heal stretched and remain limber. Hope that helps.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

Iie, dou itashimashite.(You're welcome)

ps.

it's spelled

gozaimasu. for the characters, go-za-i-ma-su. The u is silent. :)

*sigh* i know, its this darned deslixia its the same every time! i really do have a skill for forgein languages, i learn them quickly, i can speak desent Japanese and am pretty darn good at German with a little background in russian. problem is, i can learn to speak them perfectly, even with an accent, but i can never learn to spell them. :( oh well, the strange thing is my hiragana is pretty good, its romanji that nails me.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

I really don't like using romaji. It doesn't capture the japanese as well as hiragana, katakana, or kanji.

I wish I could speak German for fun. Instead I'm plagued with all these obscure languages. Tagalog, Ilocano, a little Visayan, and a little Hiligaynon. Once upon a time I spoke some good gutter Ybanag, but nothing more. Fortunately, thanks to my mother, I'm proficient in Spanish, and to my Dad for English.

I used to translate rudimentary japanese anime in high school, but never pursued it afterward. Today all I can do is basic conversation and read almost everything but those obscure kanji. And my pronunciation of kanji has been skewed by my recent study of Mandarin, of which I have no ability.

Well, that's life. Dankashe.(ream me for the spelling, I know it's wrong.)

Another good thing to remember anytime you do physical work is to keep moving around and cooldown well to avoid a buildup of lactic acid which can cause soreness in the morning

Aamorn - KSW Chuhng Di

Good point, Aamorn. That's another reason I like massage, to move the fluids out of the muscles.