• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Question On Mc Dojo's

Dragonias

What Do U Call A Club Who Recruits People Of 9th Kyu To Become Sensei's?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What Do U Call A Club Who Recruits People Of 9th Kyu To Become Sensei's?

• Mc Dojo
    • Good Club
    • Bad Club
    • Don't Care
    • Disgrace To Martial Arts Everywhere

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hi

Sounds like a club soon to be going out of business.

will thats it. :kaioken:

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

These charlitans only further damage the downward view of karate by the public. Clubs run in this way do more to damage our art than to promote it. It makes me sick :kaioken:

Hmmm, actually they don't damage the image of karate with the public, because by and large the public don't know what to look for in a good instructor. This is unfortunate, but when people who join dojo's with these instructors train with proper instructors at either a seminar/special event or just when increasing amount of time spent training they realise that their "instructor" isn't really as good as he or she should be and then they move classes.

I did this, same company different (better) instructor. As I said before with 40,000 plus members the company isn't going out of business any time soon.

:karate:

GrrrArg (you following me :dodgy: :) )

Yes good point.

I am struggling to make my point here. Keep deleting everthing I write :(

Well I'll just say that the 'instructor' will come unstuck. The public will see him for what he is and leave disappointed at what karate had to offer them. Or worse still they will use their inferior taught skills in a time of need and come out worse off (although this can happen under good instruction).

You are right in saying that the public is naive when it comes to such matters. What happens if they never seek out better instruction? They will have a bad picture of karate from this"charlitan" that will be spread to their friends, family, etc. The damage has been done..............

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

Uncontrol becomes chaos

This is because we need Serious Federations and organizations

Check the real? world organizations

are only 1 for country to Karate, another to TKD, another to Judo, etc

In Karate we have the WKF is the only recognized for the Olympic comitee, from this born the National federations & in this u can check the recognized Dojos, maybe some good dojos Dojos r not affilated, but i dont know another way to check it

The Mc Dojos r a disgrace to Karate

U train hard & forgot this people, the quality emerges

Ilich Miguel Torres Fong

2nd Dan Shito Kai

Central America & Caribbean Confederation of Karate (WKF Zone) Kumite Judge

Monterrey, México

8)

Im open to learn & talk about any MA or Style (all are great)

Interesting..

This 'certain club' only lets 8th kyu and above teach WHITE BELTS, usually under the age of 16. As a student becomes more advanced they move on to more advanced classes.

I don't believe they get a black belt. obviously you don't know what they look like.

Finally, if a brown belt is present at a class that is taught by a lower grade the reasons may be:

a) they are training at a class which teaches basics, a very important factor of any karate style. This means they want to improve they're karate by going back to the beggining.

b) they have no idea.

and theres probably other reasons.

Its a great club. if you agree, then you have to expect such a large organization to have a few rusty areas.

The moon shines on

The waters not present

In an undug well

Yields forth a man

With neither shadow nor form

GrrrArg (you following me :dodgy: :) )

Don't be silly those footsteps and loud raspy breathing you hear behind you are simply a figment of your imagination... :dodgy:

You are right in saying that the public is naive when it comes to such matters. What happens if they never seek out better instruction?

They may not seek it out but when they go to their first gradings there will be other instructors present, and any special events in the area will have many instructors present, so people will be exposed to different possibly better instructors. I've seen a few people come to gradings etc: and look surprised when they see the higher grades because their instructor doesn't have any go to his/her class, it makes people wonder why.

At the end of the day the club is quite good and it is alot better than some I have trained with...

BudokaiMexico, you say we need to only go to dojos affiliated with the big organisations...why? Ones recognised by the olympics would be sport karate organisations more than anything else, what if you don't want to do sport karate? (opinion, don't have the facts on the org's in question, no offence meant :) ) As for the club in question, one of are senior instructors in the uk is working with the govt to promote recognised qualifications for martial arts instructors...kind of like an A-level in karate (or another MA) this can only be good for the MA's in general and shows that the govt seems to respect the company.

Hope I got my point accross, now I have to go before I lose sight of telsun... :dodgy:

GrrrArg absolutely, it does happen I know. But still some people will remain with their McInstructor simply for conveniance or ease of training, etc. Some others will be completely blind to the better karateka. The fact remains that the world of karate would be better of witout these Mcdojo's, but your point is a fair one :)

I am pretty much aware of the association that this dojo belongs to which I know has a very large following. However I do wonder why they let this type of thing go on. Which only causes damage to their respectable association :-?

I also agree with you on the world association front. I belong to a very small association although they are affiliated to the EKGB.

I hate all this politics stuff. Fact is at the end of the day I am learning karate from the best instructor I could find. If he was not affialated to anybody I would still train with him. :karate:

Respect.

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

The only way to learn effective techniques is through someone who knows what they are doing. A 9th kyu does not have the experience nor the expertise to teach anyone IMO, unless they held significant rank in another art. Of course there are good BB that do not quite have the knack for teaching as well...... :roll:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

However I do wonder why they let this type of thing go on. Which only causes damage to their respectable association :-?

I do wonder why the club lets this happen, although it is worth pointing out that many senior instructors or RM's don't "employ" 9th kyu's as instructors. Also like you said, I too train with the best instructor I could find and still would even if the rest of the entire club was 9th kyu sensei's.