• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do your feet sweat during practice?

Ti

I sweat very little, except my face. I find that my Gi soaks up most of the sweat and hairy ankles soak up leg sweat-don't suppose thats any consolation for the women here though :)

Also I must remember that ladies do not sweat-they shimmer...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really aren't the only one.

I should be doing karate with you gyus then I wouldn't feel like the oddball.

The people in my class don't.

I'm the only odd ball.

Would it be out of the question to ask my sensei to leave my socks on or something?

Training with socks doesn't sound like a good idea, you'll probably slide. If there really was a problem with your sweaty feet your instructor would have told you, I think. Maybe you could talk to him about the reactions from the others...sweat shouldn't freak anybody out.

Well I've been trying to hide it as best I can, so I don't think my sensei is aware of it yet.

Never staying stationary for too long to let a big puddle form and always moving my feet to leave thin trails so they evaporate quickly.

It's only durring sparring then it's time for me to defend and the guy has to walk over to my sweat do they kinda freak uot.

i sweat all over to, everyone does at our dojo

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

don';t feel bad i am a heavy sweater too yet only when training do i NOT get embarrased to have puddles, just tell the others that you are training harder than they are and the sweat is your proof, may not be true, but it may lighten the situation...

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

I used to worry about sweaty feet when I first started karate and refused to take my trainers off to train, even though some of the club members used to joke/moan to me about it.

Finally, though, I realised that with my shoes on I'd be more likely to do someone a serious injury, and I started to train with them off.

To be honest, I've never really noticed if I sweat. When I'm in class I'm usually too engrossed in what I'm doing to notice, but the floor of the hall we train in is always dirty so probably all the dust and muck that's got onto my feet off the floor absorbs the sweat anyway! :lol:

Try putting talcum powder on your feet before class. It might help a little.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.