Sutton_uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A punching bag is good for cardio and weight loss and all that stuff. I don't know if it really works the muscles but it helps to make your strikes stronger and better. I just like hitting the punching bag. I don't use gloves now cos i want to get the scar-tissue around my knuckles and make them harder. It bleeds like hell sometimes.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

just saying don`t be a lazy ass and sit around all day but be active!!! (just saying i`ve never been a bit chunky i am always skinney well a bit and everyone says i am skinney and weak but i am strong!!!!!)

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

He's 13. And i still suggest taking the serious exercise slowly. You're still a *kid* so incorporate your exercise into fun stuff like a game of soccer or cricket or jumping on your girlfriend's trampoline. I found that when i tried to teach my nieces and nephews that i had to make it fun otherwise they would get bored and not do it anymore.

i taught them stuff like evasion by throwing a soft ball directly at them and getting them to dodge it in they guard position. Cool stuff like that. It's fun and it works!

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

oops, worry didn't realise you were 13. Like the lads say, at that age the most important thing is not to be extreme. Just watch what you eat, and get some excercise in, football, swimming, running, anything, just to get the heart going.

Personally I would say doing weights and stuff at that age is bad, and to stay away from it. There'll be plenty of time to push yourself in the gym when you're older. Enjoy being able to relax while you can :smile:

Take it easy good buddy

I am 14, 15 in about 3 months... how about for me to weight train? I have been for a while, and I still get growing pains so I doubt my growth has been stunted :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

I've heard they're fine, and I'm not suffering from doing weights, and I'm not wasting 40 quid spent on buying some new weights either!

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com