• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kung Pow! enter the fist!

It was about three weeks ago now that i first found this film. this is the best movie ever made! no, no dont try and dispute it, it is! i loved this movie, i litteraly did not stop laughing. I now own it on dvd and watch it like once or twice a week, evertime i find something new. i want to find the creator whose last name i can not spell and personnaly thank him for greatly improveing my life by making this movie! did any one else like it? :lol:

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it is terrific, but to anyone thinking about getting it: get the DVD as it has the commentary which explains the movie those who don't know what it's all about. You know, the movie is mostly clips from another kungfu flick (from the 70s) that have been re-arranged and redubbed by this one guy who also did the voice acting for all the characters. Plus added some new scenes to complete the new storyline. Most of the jokes are around the bad dubbing/voice acting seen in all kung fu movies, plus the stupid plots and martial arts gimmicks. A great film altogether!

also it has the 2d figure promos they should on fox when the movie was coming out in theaters, i nearly died!

Pain: Malcom in the middle is next...i will find his middle, and kill him!

Chossen: You will not harm Malcom evil Betty!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That movie was hilariously stupid...especially when the evil guy was looking at those pictures and saying: "Tiger, tiger tiger...ooh birdy!"

I mean, c'mon where else can you find a martial arts movie with Austin Powers humor?

Naturally, my mother hates the movie :lol:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

"i am a famous magician!....your clothes are red."

I came into this thread a well adjusted person and now leave slightly shaken and worried about a few individuals mental health. And also with a strange desire to watch the film in question. Where can you get it from, I can't say I've ever heard of it before.

Where can you get it from

I rented it.

The movie is awesome - all the dorkiest clichés of imported B-class Honk Kong kungfu flicks are exploited. Scenes ripped off from an existing movie, rearranged for a new plot, new voice acting dubbed over (with all the stupid mistakes that are found in any voice acting of a kungfu-flick - tenfold!), new main character added digitally on to the screen and so on...

The new plot is awesome, a baby boy barely escapes while Master Pain kills his family. Then the boy, "raised by various rodents", master of Rodent style kungfu, goes after his revenge on Master Pai... Oh, he insists we call him Betty, okay, the guy goes after Betty to get his revenge.

The plot is funny and the tricks are funny, but half of the jokes are in the method as well. The whole voice over dubbing is a joke. In old imported HK movies, there often were only couple of actors who did different voices for different characters. Well, here there is only one actor who does all the voices.. And just as in the b-movies, the actors speak English with a Chinese accent (how stupid is that, does that mean the Chinese are actually speaking some other accent or what?). And as all the b-movie voice actors were bad, you see that here too; when a man is yelling with his face all red with anger, the voice actor speaks calmly and nicely, and sometimes vice versa. And the translation was always a problem with the old HK imports... Here there's a scene where a guy talks on endlessly while the voice only says "I don't know" or something like that. It just can't be explained, must see! And if you've seen any Bruce Lee movies with the "eye closeup zoom" in the beginning of a fight scene... Well... You'll see a lot of that.

lol yes! the zoom in scene with the guy in the kendo uniform, thats my favorite scene! actually im stuck between that one and the one right before it:

"i mean, holy crap man! thats like that guys stomach plug on the ground back there.....you dont see that every day....i mean, that dosent even seem possible, if you think about it, with all those bones and organs and cartilage...i mean im no doctor but, that was like one clean chunk!"

also another scene of the movie made me think as a writer about something. there are a lot of things that happen in stories to make the problem harder to resolve, but one of them is never simply 'i couldnt hear what you were saying' and if we wanted our stories to be realistic that would happen all the time.

the other great thing about kung pow though, is how every time you watch it, you spot something you didnt the first time i.e. when master betty is performing his skill and being beaten with sticks one of the restraughts in the background says 'HOOTERS" in the typical giant orange letters.

"i will not be stopped by a tiny net!"