• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

AB advice!

Niko

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

yes.

or, like i prefer, do crunches, where you curl up your stomache and your lower back never leaves the ground. easier on lower back, and burns abs like crazy. also do leg lifts; you cant neglect those lower abs!!! eventually you can use small weights on your chest, but not for a while- you ought to do a couple hundred a day if you really want those abs, and it does take a little while so be patient. abs need many many repitions so do as many as you can, then rest, and repeat as necessary and try to do a few hundred of both leglifts and crunches/situps. have fun.

a broken arm throws no punches

If your abs aren't visible, then you are carrying fat. Doing crunches builds stronger and bigger muscles. Losing fat brings the muscles visible. Of course it is easier to bring bigger muscles visible than small ones, but if you carry fat under your skin, the muscles will always look smooth and undefined

Start running a little, to drop your fat lower. You going to have to boost your abs. Crunches, Sit-ups, Reverse crunches. Some day, use weight, other days, go for reps. The Roman Chair can REALLY kick your abs! Some say it is bad for the back, by I’ve found nothing but a nice set of abs from doing them. Get your self doing sit-up on one of them, and you will grow great abs. But, You need to see with works for you, not for us. What works for me may not work for you. And don’t neglect your Obliques. Do twist-ups and twisting crunches.

50-100 sit up isn’t going to be enough. Maybe 50-100 PER SET!

I'd highly recommend you DON'T train your core every day. Abs get overtrained too.

Try going at it every other day. Since I switched to this program on Mon, Wed and Fri, with the weekends off, I've noticed a lot of improvement in my midsection. Finally, after two months off due to cracked/separated ribs, I can see my abs again!

Mon: Crunches: 1x25

Reverse Crunch: 1x25

Oblique Crunches: 1x25/side

Wed: Crunches: 1x25

Reverse Crunches: 2x25

Fri: Crunches: 2x25

Reverse Crunches: 2x25

Good luck.

"Hiya!"

"Excuse you."

I am hardly an expert in body building/shaping, but I don't believe that everybody can "show their abs". Genetics does have a play in it. My brother was an avid body builder several years ago and while his abs were rock solid, there was little more than a subtle outline.

Much like the "momma" pudge that some women have.

Of course if you are already fairly thin, then genetics is probably not the problem.

Chun Kuk Do (haven't practiced since 1996) - 2nd Red Belt

MSK Hapkido - Orange Belt

I'm fairly thin and grapple a lot (which is awesome for your core) and, like suggested above, train my abs every other day....my abs are VERY strong if you feel them, but not visible...some people just don't have the genetics for a visible six pack.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

everyone can have visible abs but some have to work harder than others, naturally. if you cant see them but theyre there and you can feel them, you either need to shed a little fat in the mid section, or build them a little more- which could mean either more situps/crunches without weights OR more of them with weights, it depends on why theyre not visible... either theyre very strong/dense and not very big (more with weights), or theyre big but not at all cut (many hundreds of reps). does that make sense?

a broken arm throws no punches

• 5 weeks later...
Running is probably the easiest way to tone down fat on your abs. If you try doing cross punches or some type of movement w/ your hands while you run, it' helps a bit more. Crunches are good. We do a variety of leg lifts at the dojo. ie Lay on your back, have someone put 1 foot on by each of your ears and grab onto the back of their ankles. Then keep both legs straight and together and lift straght up into their chest. You can also have variations, like bringing them up in a circular motion and back down. Also, standing w/ both feet next to each other, lift one side up keeping your knife up and your toes pointed forward. After you work out your abs for a bit, try laying down flat on your back and lift your feet up 6 inches off the floor and see how long you can hold them!