• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How often do YOU personally drink alcohol?

Kirves

Some people feel a martial artist should never drink alcohol. One famous karate master said, he doesn't trust a man who can't control himself with a little alcohol. Some of us drink occasionally. What's your personal story, how do you view and use alcohol? No ideals here, but reality, how often and how drunk do you get? Remember, some of the best warriors like guys in the military are drunk just about every week, so there's no shame in speaking the truth. Just a quick survey.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every weekend. I very rarely go anywhere to drink, though. I buy a 12 pack for my honey and I, and we stay home to drink. That way, no one causes trouble with us or we won't get stuck in trouble ;)

Laurie F

I don't drink anymore. I donate plasma and it screws up my liver enzyme numbers. Don't want to have to stop donating.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

Very rarely. Maybe just at festivals. I live near an art institute that hosts a fall Octoberfest and a Greek Orthodox Church that hosts an annual Greek festival. Then not enough to get drunk.

I love wine. I don’t get drunk, but I will have a glass or 2, or a few bottles of wine coolers once or twice a week. All the surrounding counties are dry counties, so we have to either dry to Cuny, the only wet town on 50 miles or pay the extra club fees, anyways. It kind of help many from getting drunk. But, this is Redneck country, people still drink like fish!

Great, nice to have honest answers. I was afraid I'd get some hypocritical answers. I also drink with the intention of getting very drunk. I drink about once a month, on a free weekend. I rarely go to a bar anymore, but I like to get drunk once in a while with friends. And my favorite drink is vodka on the rocks. Yours?

How about this: are you always able to behave when totally drunk, or do you ever regret being so drunk or behaving so badly when drunk?

Almost every weekend and some times after class with other people from the Dojo.

Kendo is like starwars and everyone gets to be Darth Vader.

"Luke, I am your sensei"