• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fraudulent Teachers - Ishin Ryu Ju-Jitsu has been hi-jacked!

Dear all,

This is my first post to the this board, so I hope you will bear with me.

As I am sure many of you have experienced, when a student leaves a club, it is not unknown for them to pop up again starting a school of their own and several dan grades higher.

Unfortunately this has happened again, and we are despertately trying to let everyone know that our school has nothing to do with these pretenders.

Our school is Ishin Ryu Ju-Jitsu (https://www.ishinryu.com) and is a school based around the teachings of Soke Kevin Pell and his street applicable style.

Unfortunately one of Soke Pells own student has betrayed him and set Ishin Ryu Ju Jitsu in Denmark (https://www.ishinryu.dk)

As you will see from the websites, the Denmark school has completely ripped of the UK school and the federation.

PLEASE, Ishin Ryu Denmark is nothing to do with the legitimate Ishin Ryu. The instructors are not recognised dan grades.

Legal proceedings have already begun for fraud, and theft of copyright.

Spread the word, and if you feel like abusing these traitors then please do so.

Yours, in the martial art spirit.

Martin Adil-Smith

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is widely acknowldeged that Ishin Ryu is a hybrid style of street applicable techniques.

The point is that a school has been fraudulently set up in Denmark that is trading on the name, using the copyrighted insignia without consent, and the so called instructors have no right to be teaching,

We are trying to raise peoples awareness of this, so tha they do not get sucked in or conned by these thieves.

Martin

I think its a sad state of affairs when things like this happen and it goes to show that some people just shouldn't be allowed to do MA's. Hope the legal battle goes your way.

• 7 months later...

I don't know about Denmark, but here in the US there's no laws about ANYBODY starting a martial arts class, regardless of legitimate rank held or not.

However, if you sensei has a copywited name and logo, then yes, you should be protected from others non-permitted use of it.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Ishin Ryu Ju Jitsu? Sounds like a made up style to me.

I'm aware of Ishin Ryu Karate, but not IRJJ.

I too want to know the background of the Ishin ryu that you are aware of. would you be kind to tell us?

How many magazines did this Pell character read before he created it?

the site mentioned above by the thread starter says that "ishin" means "one body one mind" is he refering to "isshin ryu"? isshin (yes, with double "s") means one body one mind and yes it is founded by Tatsuo Shimabuku. just correct me if you think i'm wrong.

why did we surrender lord?

Isshin ryu is my favorite art in the world, and Jujitsu is probably the next one I pick up, I dont know how I feel about them shareing the same bed though, sounds sticky.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty