• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kata Gisen Sho?

Sho-ju

IF it was actually Gojushiho Sho, I am remionded of the many mispronunciations heard in american karate:

:D

:lol:

Those are always very humurous. As someone who is learning Japanese, it is even more so.

There's only one gojushiho though, but i can see where gojushiho would sound like gisen sho.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what's really funny...I learn Shotokan from a Scottish Sensei that was once under Enoda(?) in the UK. My Japanese has a Scottish flavor. :lol:

You know what's really funny...I learn Shotokan from a Scottish Sensei that was once under Enoda(?) in the UK. My Japanese has a Scottish flavor. :lol:

A direct quote from Okazaki Sensei at my Sandan grading:

"Your Japanese reminds me of a Japanese person imitating how poorly an American speaks Japanese."

:-?

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

Although there is only one version of gojushiho in shorin ryu in shotokan there are two general versions of Gojushiho: Gojushiho Sho and Gojushiho Dai. Gojushiho Dai is the original version, while Gojushiho Sho was introduced by Yasutsume Itosu.

Although there is only one version of gojushiho in shorin ryu in shotokan there are two general versions of Gojushiho: Gojushiho Sho and Gojushiho Dai. Gojushiho Dai is the original version, while Gojushiho Sho was introduced by Yasutsume Itosu.

Cool, I didn't know that.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/