• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Did you get into MA because you saw movies as a kid?

Come on, who saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and thought Michaelangelo was awesome with the nunchucks?

I didn't start watching Bruce Lee / Jackie Chan movies until I was 14 or something. But they influenced me as well.

They didn't come out until I was in high school, so no, I didn't watch them.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
When did TMNT come out? I'm 25 now, but was it really that long ago?

*Budderfly starts feeling old*

The movie was out in 1990 and I believe they were outa few years before that.

-Lao-Tse

Yes, that is a big part of it. But it wasn't movies for me as much as the TV show Kung Fu.

GD

G r e e n D r a g o n

FOR THE ABSOLUTE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS...AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE: https://www.trueprotein.com

For an even lower price, use this discount code: CRA857

Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior. - Carl von Clausewitz

When did TMNT come out? :o Geez man your only 5yrs older than me you should at least remember the 80s. I think 84 is when they first came out. Plus the movies that followed.

TSD-Purple Belt

TKD-Green Belt

When did TMNT come out? :o Geez man your only 5yrs older than me you should at least remember the 80s. I think 84 is when they first came out. Plus the movies that followed.

Not sure who that was directed at but I turned 12 in 1984, and I believe I started judo that year. I was a little beyond the age of the target audience, plus with only 2 channels I didn't get a chance to watch :D

-Lao-Tse

I can say movies had no influence on me. In fact, I was doing martial arts before I even knew what movies, television, and entertainment were. Been doing martial arts for a long, long time (in my life that is).

::EDIT:: Fixed grammatical error.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

I joined martial arts to learn how to fight,because I was always one of the guys who got hassled by the school bully and got sick of it after a while so I first joined karate and did so for 12yrs.now I do Pankration and have done so 5yrs.

I guess you could say some Bruce Lee movies had an influence on me to join as well.