• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

training at home

who here trains at home i train as much as i can at home you have to train at home im my perspective its a must i have karate 2 times a week on mondays and thursdays and i train at home on tues. wends. and fridays i try to have at least 3 days worth of training at home

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Well everytime we get on KF and read about other styles and our style we train. You don't always have to break a sweat or put on a gi to train.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I try to train at home, but there's not much room in my apartment. I have however found just enough room to do most of my bongoligi (spinning staff techniques) without hitting the ceiling too often. There's a small field outside the appartment I think I'm going to try next time I get home before dark :lol:

Aamorn - KSW Chuhng Di

I train 3 times at my Dojo

at home i do this

so mon,wed,thur i train at dojo

tue, fri, sun i do my 90 minute stretches isometric the kind where walking is hard to do when u finish

(yes i train that hard in mt stretches but u should see my flexibility)

i do weight training everyday

and also tue, sat, sun i pratice my kicks.

Learn and u shall Teach

Teach and you shall learn,

https://www.southpacifictkd.com.au

I practice everyday at home for several hours. (2-4) a day. Of course, there is the occasional day I don't get to train due to travel, obligations, busy with work, but on average I train at least 2-4 hours everyday at home.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

Due to the distance of my home from the dojang, I can only get there once a week. I do train at home for about an hour every weekday morning before work.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

I train at home when the urge hits. We (my honey and me) have kicking targets, a punching bag, rebreakable board, and we just got an air shield. We often do forms and just technique work at home. It's hard for me to do throws at home, because we don't have a mat and he's not good with falling. I don't do joint locks often on him, because he hates them done on him LOL.

Laurie F

With training at home , I feel that changing my training patters helps, i do 3 month goals like my next 3 months i will concentrate on side kicks and back kicks, and mid section strengthening.

last 3 months was my flexibility and strengthening.

Learn and u shall Teach

Teach and you shall learn,

https://www.southpacifictkd.com.au

well stencil, i am thinking of starting body building this summer everyday,i still need some inches more for full splits (fromt splits on both legs) and my chinese split is a wreck .it never seems to work even when i started stretching dialy for 2 months.so body building will decrease flexibilty and speed?