• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

Ohhhh yeah!

:nod:

Yes, yes, yes!!!

:brow:

But, one thought..."Without contact, there's no reality!"

I like continuous light contact, 'full' (sort of) contact, slow sparing, restricted (works handicaped, hands or feet only, particular techniques- you get the idea), and the option to take it to the ground. And I love to spar other styles. Without application, what's the point? :-?

Freedom isn't free!

I love sparring, but dont get to do it enough. I spar with my brother only outside of class. I tried sparring some of my brothers friends but they wouldnt even go alittle hard on me cause Im a girl (I could probably kick there butts too!!)

sparring is great but unfortunately i don't get to spar with many people outside of our little circle. i've only ever met hands with tkd, jkd and lee gar.

sparring in house is so much fun. it really is just like a game; feed an arm here, trick them into moving the wrong way, nudge them into overcooking a move...

what we normally do is start off nice and light, just to get into the swing of things, try out some moves. as it gets on it normally gets a bit heavier, and both parties gets a bit quieter and the slapping noises from contact gets a bit louder.

the sounds and rhythms of the hits+blocks (pak, papa, pak, papa pak...) always draws a crowd and it feels great.

how many of you still remember that feeling of a perfect tan sau stopping an oncoming fak sau dead?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I love sparring,it's all we do basically.In my school,we don't waste time with katas.

Martial arts without sparring just isn't martial arts,so of course I love to sparr,otherwise I would take up dancing or gymnastics.

Sparring is awesome.Legal fighting.

No holds bar fighting all the way.

Muay Thai and Grappling

SPAR SPAR SPAR

There's just nothing like the pumped feeling you get from sparring.

• 1 month later...

Well yes & no. I always get nervous when we spar, funny really after all these years.

People can never understand when I tell them as I am known to be a "fighter" and having won our association championships a couple of times people naturally presume that I enjoy it.

Saying this I do enjoy it sometimes.

Strange to not enjoy something your good at don't you think :-? (I sound like a right big head, please excuse me. I know I'm not "all that") :karate:

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"