• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Protein rich foods/ideas

Despite popular misconceptions low carb diets are our biologically appropriate diet. I would up the Atkin's carbs levels to about 35 gms per day minimum tho. There is a recent scientific study I saw on a Spanish athletic team who improved fitness and endurance by a changeover to low carb diets. If you check the studies and find which ones are flawed and which not it definitely backs the low carb argument up- the need for carbs for ATP is a bit simplistic- protein and fat will synthesise in a diferent way to give you the energy you need. The only prob is the first couple of weeks in which your body is changing over fuel sources and can feel bad. I agree however that you need fruit and veg for vits and minerals (and hopefully you are also taking high strength supplements) and for 35 gms a day you can do OK in that dept. When the weight comes down a bit you can up it to 55gms or more until you get your own level.

As with all advice tho check with your doctor first and remember these are just opinions of us posters.

Regards

Rich

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt