• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Post work out diet

Tibby

After a great, balls-to-the-wall, sweat drenched session in the Dojo, what do you eat/drink?

Me, I have a tall glass of chocolate milk. Milk has the right mix of protein and carbs, and the sugar in the chocolate start the release of insulin, and the caffeine in the chocolate acts as a minor pain killer. What about you guys?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
We spent 10 minutes after class drinking water and talking about our work-out plans for the next week, when the dojo will be open, things like that, and I have a bottle of water that has been a hunk of ice of the pass few night waiting for me in the car for the ride home, which lasts about 5 minutes. But the time I get home, and take a fast shower, I am cooled off pretty much.

I usually have a cup of coffee after my morning circuits, and if I bother to go to the gym I will either drink water or Pepsi afterwards. I can't eat in the morning, but if I do I will have an apple, and after the gym I will just eat whatever meal is in front of me when I get home.

Does doing things like that have any bearing on your body or your training, because if so I'd like to know.

I have gatorade... You might bash it and say it does nothing for thirst quenching, but that's not the reason I drink it, I have water for that. When you finish working out, you're glycogen levels are low, and need carbs to replace it fast. And well gatorade is full of sugar so it does the trick :D I usually have something tasty like a sandwhich when I get home :o

Rule #1: Play the game to the limit. Damn the consequences.

I like to drink milk after a workout too... especially after resistance training.

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

I tend to train after work so when I get home from training I just eat my normal dinner :P . ( Thats whatever the wife cooks. :o )

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Some nuts, seeds, milk or soymilk, sometimes I'll fix a sandwich or a salad with crumbled tofu or cheese.....or a smoothie! Smoothies are amazing post-workout pick-me ups...some milk anf frozen fruit...and i like a little scoop of PB in there as well....Banana/PB milkshakes are heaven!

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!