• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

anyone hurt their acclieas tendon

Padawon

i joined tkd about 2 weeks ago and i was at class yesterday, and i worked hard , and i stretched good before starting, and when i was done my ankle hurt above my heal in the back their when i step down what is wrong? and what should i do about it, and so on, and no their is no swelling and it only hurts when i want

WTF-TaeKwonDo White belt

Bill Cho's National TKD

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mine always hurts when i run. i have no idea why it does this but maybe if you stretch that area more it will not hurt. also, ask your instructor

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

Sounds like you'll be sore for a while. I always loosen/warm up the joints before stretching. Rotations, back and forth, whatever. Just get the blood flowing before you dive into your stretching.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

Padawon and Pro 2006, you have either strained Achilles tendons or incipient cases of Achilles tendinitis. KEEP AN EYE ON IT. Achilles tendinitis can be a b***h to get rid of if you don't stay on top of it. I've struggled with it for three years and it has put me in orthotics (goodbye, sexy shoes). If stretching, icing, and anti-inflammatories don't help, SEE A FOOT DR. IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT.

• 3 weeks later...
rotate your ankle so it stretches, ice hot pads or sports creme deep heating rub or something along that lines stay off of it for as long as you can so it can heal well

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.