• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How the hell...grrrrrr

devilthaiboxer

When I first started, I was OK at sparring. Then as I did it a bit more, I realised that I was OK, but wasn't getting any better. After that I started taking advice and changing the way I did things. Then I really began to stink. I lost a lot. I don't regret it though because after I stopped just doing the instictual thing and started thinking things through and using strategy, my sparring ability has improved ten-fold and continues to do so. You gotta be bad before you can get good.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that happens a lot when you start "thinking" about fixing something and changing your moves instead of just doing what comes (or has become)naturally. One thing I've learned is NOT to try to change how I fight while actually in a match; that's what training time is for. :D

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

Confidence does not equal aggressiveness. Nor does finding an opening mean that you are "looking for a target". Being naturally cool and calm is a blessing that some of us just aren't born with, it has to be learned through overcoming fears and developing confidence in yourself. You are lucky Martial Girl!

8)

Thanks. :)

Though I am confident and calm, there's still one thing I fear...

Kill is love