• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Building muscle while minimizing body fat

Neil

Sounds like a good diet plan. I love eting yogert, complete protein, carb, Yogert and milk are naturally well balanced! I glad it is working for you, keep us informed!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
To what Tibby said on the first page of there being such a thing as 'toning', whenever the bodybuilders feel their arms after lifting weights and they are really tight, that isn't being extremely toned that is the "pump". The pump is after you lift a large portion of your body's blood supply is sent to the areas being worked making them larger and very tight, many people confuse this with a sense of toning but it eventually goes away after about a day as the body area is done recovering and less blood is needed.

and no bodybuilders do not bulk up and cut at the same time. They bulk up as much as possible very early before a contest and then cut while trying to maintain as much muscle as possible, that is why they go from about 8-10% bodyfat to about 2-4% in precontest training. Ask any bodybuilder and they will tell you that they bulk up then cut, in cycles, and it is damn near impossible to gauge your calorie intake to the point that you can do both at the same time.

i dont' even bother trying to gauge my normal calorie intake per day at all, i find that nearly impossible if you want to have anywhere near a normal life. I go by the very simple idea that you eat foods with carbohydrates in it for energy, then you weight life [not too heavy, not too light] do those muscles till they are solid and feel like they are ready for a rest... then go eat proteins till you can't move... i personally will rip through a quart of fat free milk, half a dozen eggs, and some chicken breasts.. also make sure to hydrate yourself [i drink at least 8 glasses of water a day].. pile some regular based cardio [martial arts duh] on that... and i've got around 165 - 170 lb figure... i am rather lean, and enough muscle so that i dont' look anywhere near scrawny.... however i don't have a visible six pack, my pecks are not solid bricks, and my arms do not look like veins are goona shoot out and strangle you...

it seems like you need a degree in body physics and nutrition to get anywhere further then that with weightlifting... lots of people must have these degrees.

• 2 weeks later...
It isn't that hard to understand, and you don't need a degree in physics to understand simple human thermodynamics. Its just that most people believe that there is a "secret workout" and a "secret diet" that will solve all their problems. So they decide not to listen to the facts and keep asking the same stupid questions over and over again until someone gives them information that they like.