• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do blackbelts have a responsibility to....

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with chuck_girl..call 911,don,t try to jump into a conflict of 9 on 1 or 2 ect,thats an extreamly dangerous situation there,but if you feel that you can handle it,then so be it.(pulls out a AK-47 LOL j/k.

3rd Kyu Brown Belt

To learn more about Kiyojute Ryu Kempo Bugei,goto http://www.kiyojuteryu.org/

I think everyone should help if someone is in trouble. Even if it's something as simple as calling the police or calling for help.

The other night it was pretty late. I heard a women screaming at the top of her lungs, Help me! Somebody Help me! So I grabbed my cane sword and rushed out towards the street. I could feel my adrenaline starting to pump. When I finally got there, the women was in a cop car. I guess she was a little batty, and they were taking her somewhere. I have to get myself a jo or a hanbo, I hate to think what could of happened if would have had used the cane sword. Yuk.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 3 weeks later...

i think if you able to help and i mean, genuinely help then do so.

if it is a real situation that requires immediate attention then i think if you walk on by, you are disgracing yourself as a human being.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Maybe I've been watching too much Seinfeld, but aren't there some kind of Good Samaritan laws? You're required to report a crime when you see it and help if at all possible, if I'm correct. :-?

:lol: That was the best one! The guy was getting robbed and they were just standing there laughing. I loved how they had all the characters come back for the last trial. Especially the soup nazi :lol:

Anyway there are some states with laws requiring you to help someone while in need.

As for me I wouldn't go rushing in trying to be a hero if I knew I couldn't handle it, I'd call someone who could handle it (the cops). It all depends on the situation.

"good samaritan" laws generally refer to the laws that protect you from being sued if you try to help someone and they are harmed by your assistance. like if you try to help a car accident victim and don't stabilize their neck correctly and they have neck problems later - they can't sue you because you were trying to help. these laws don't mean that you're legally required to help people or report crimes. though i think you must be a real jerk if you don't. :roll:

Phone the cops first, estimate the risk and if you can help then do so, but if you stood a good chance of being badly hurt or worse, killed, then keep back and wait for the professionals to turn up.

This is a story that will add some thought. I try to avoid all confrontations as mucha s possible because I dont want to hurt nayone or get hurt in the situation. One night i was coming outside a Target after getting an ink cartridge for school papers and I saw 6 guys harassing a 16 year old girl. You know what I mean. She kept saying leave me alone and stop touching me. I walked over and said is there a problem and one of them replied "this doesnt concern you" and I looked at the girl and she was crying. So I pulled the girl away from them and put her behind me and and that when I realized here it goes because they started circling me. Well one after another tried to attack me and I would throw and joint lock punch and kick well 4 of them lsot conciiousness so I called 911 because the other two ran off. But On arival the police searched the 4 guys and found 2 gus and 3 knives. Still to this day that girl writes me for saving her life. I thought about afterwards what would of happend to her if I hadnt been there. So I think we do have a responsibililty, we train in these arts for a reaosn to stand by the weak and stand up for ourselves.

Choi, Ji Hoon Instructor-

3rd Dan-Tae Kwon Do

3rd Dan Hapkido

International Haedong Gumdo Federation

Kyuk Too Ki (Korean Kickboxing/Streetfighting)