• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

5 hrs training????????????

tenkamusou

It's not that long if you think about it.

Let's say you teach a forms class to beginners, teach the adults, join your own class, stretch, etc. I know that's not like having a private lesson for 5 hours, but you are still putting the time into training. I also hear that back east, children get up before school and practice 1-2 hours. Then they eat, and work on another hour. Then they go to school, come home do home work, practie more karate, then go play. If you split it up between sessions, it really isn't that long.

I know people who watch tv for more than 5 hours at a time, so some people prefer to do other stuff.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Estonia, our training is 3 hours. In Latvia, the karatekas have even more than 5 hourds training and they have training every day. Even on the weekends. For estonians, this sounds crazy, but for them it's completely normal, though it's not good for the body and health, because they are actually over-training or over-straining it.

Kill is love

when i was training for championship tournies and other large events i would train around 10 hrs, yet i could only do this when i was not at school or working,when i had to go back to school or work i had tocut my training alot yet i still trained at least 4 hrs everyday, back in the day i was a machine, yet over time i lost the edge of being a machine, now i have to rely on my more modest training and experience.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger