• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Six packs for women?

Karate_woman a quote from your site:

A word of caution: For some women, 15 percent body fat is too low and will disrupt the menstrual cycle, causing an increased risk of osteoporosis.

You must realize here again genetics comes into play, however, this only applys to some women. You generalize women as if every one is the exact same....

I, for one, wouldn't want to risk osteoperosis and who knows what else, just to get a six-pack. :(

But, that's just me.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glingglo:

I generalized because I can, because with my statement, generalization was fluid in proving the point. Do you think that a womans abdominal muscles are different from a mans? Well, they are not, so, in respect to my statement, the generalization was warreneted...

I'm not being hyprocritical, I am simply asking that you understand what you read, not just read it and assume.

I feel like all the women on this forum have something against me... :cry:

I don't want any enemies, sorry for all the trouble.

Edited by BoxerScott

-Boxer Scott

• Boxing
  • Iwama Aikido

OK, I was careful not to generalize, and in fact used the quotes (one from BoxerScott's recommended site) without comment for that very reason. I also found a number of quotes on other sites that advised that most women that have 6 packs are at 7% bodyfat, several that advised that women had to be in the single digits for a washboard tummy, and several others that were quite clear it is dangerous for women to go below 12% bodyfat. I didn't use them because of the site BoxerScott chose, which talked about women "starting" to see the abs at 14%; I just wanted to address that % range, and point out that even 15% is dangerous for yes, "some" women, as BoxerScott seemed to feel that it is just as easy for (it seemed he was indicating "all") women as it is for men, but seemed unaware of the inherent dangers this has for some women.

I chose the particular quote I did because unfortunately not all women are built the same, and (as previously noted) "starting to see the abs" isn't the same as a 6 pack. There was another interesting point I saw on a site that advised most women cease ovulating around 12%, but some don't cease menstruating until below 10% or so, which gives these women a false sense that they are OK (ceasing to ovulate has the same increased risks of osteoporosis).

I have the "line" even now, with a flat tummy and am not sure what bodyfat percentage I'm at, having not measured it in years, and won't for a while (if ever) as I just had a baby 4 months ago and am still regaining my fitness levels. If I get the 6 pack and/or lose my period, I'll go for a bodyfat test at a local gym.

If you need me to grab all those other quotes re: bodyfat % I referred to I can find them - it will just take a bit.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

boxerscott - no one here is saying women's abdominal muscles are different. but getting a six pack has more to do with removing the fat surrounding the abs than the abs themselves. and THAT is not just as easy for women. in fact, it can be downright unhealthy.

just get strong abs you don't need to have a visual six pack to have a six pack. Aesthetics aren't worth that much to screw with your body for. Fitness is the number 1 there - I reckon anyway.

I love women with six packs. Especially if it's bottles.

Sorry, it's Friday and I'm getting thirsty.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

A six pack is all about looks, right? Well I don't think a woman with low enough fat to get a six pack sounds very sexy. I mean boobless and knotty? I think it looks better for them to have curves if you know what I mean. It's only normal. I have a six pack naturally, and I don't know many girls that get six packs by accident, so it is definitely easier for boys than girls.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

just remember, to get a six pack, you cant just do situps, you have to actually lift more than your body weight with your stomach.

Im a guy, and i know you say its different, but i know girls who have 6-packs, and all of them are gymnasts. so join gymnastics,

or take like 20lb leg weights and then do leg lifts on a roman chair machine thing. Then do 10 with your legs together, 10 apart, 20 side to side, then 10 together and 10 apart and then try to hold your legs out infront of you for about a minute. I do this on the rings in gymnastics, and it gave me a really good like 12 pack.

personally, i think its kind of gross when girls have 6-packs though...

bunbu ichi