• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think any one particular form of karate is "better" than another....but kickboxing is not Karate or even a martial art...it is a combative sport. It's like boxing and kicks....hmmm maybe that's why its called kickboxing :idea: :razz:

I am in full support of any physical activity people take part in to better themselves.

The martial arts are full of teachings about honor, respect, tradition, and many other facets. Kickboxing is about being an athlete a fighter. Period. Fighters do not have to wear gis, they don't need to learn about history, forms/patterns, tradition, or any of those things. Just like a soccer player, their goal is to win.

Deby

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

HOLD ME BACK....!!!

Argh!!! I think we are getting off subject at hand. Kickboxing vs. Karate (Martial Arts)....

We are not referring to "cardio" kickboxing here which is totally different from sport Kickboxing. I don't conclude that cardio kickboxing IS self defense but rather I teach my classes in a way where I (a Black Belt trained in self defense) incorporate basic self defense kicks & punches in my fitness kickbox class. I never implied that my students are going to go out and hit someone, and yes punching a bag is different than punching a person...I never said it was the same.

Listen ....what makes my classes different than the average "cardio fitness" class is that I don't choreograph with shuffles, grapevines...dancy moves....I strictly use boxing techniques & stances and incorporate true kickboxing kicks and punches...now if you don't come away from my class learning some sort of defense procedures than youre brain dead. :dead:

Let's get back on the right subject area now....K???

Deby

OK - TIME-OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! :uhoh:

Remind me never to get on your bad side KickChick!!! Heeeeeeelpppp!!!!!!!!!! :bigwink:

Lori :grin:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

[ This Message was edited by: Kickbutt on 2001-09-14 10:22 ]

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-