• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The movie was fun but I think its a victim of it's own popularity. Let me elaborate: many movies since the 1st matrix have coppied it's style for it's fight sceens. We've seen dozens of films do this. Now matrix reloaded comes out and I feel like I've already seen half of what they did. It's lost it's visual impact.

Hollywood, if you're listening... STOP RIPPING EACH OTHER OFF!!!

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's kinda my point. Change the visual effects and it's basically Tron. Leave them out and go back a few thousand years and it's basically a greek saga.

Same formula most stories follow.

That is just it. If you are going to the movie just to get your visual jollies then, yes, you are probably going to feel like you have seen it before.

The main purpose of the film was to elaborate on the philosophical overview of the Matrix, ie. Destiny vs. Freewill. When one looks at it from a philosophical stand point, the movie has whole new avenues of entertainment. As I said before, I loved the action...but the philosophical twists and cliff hangers caused me to lose a lot of sleep and dig out my old philosophy notes. lol.

Just to let you guys know, I am off to see it again tonight.

Sastimos---Joshua

There are no limits.

Exactly Neil.

Just as Star Wars was a modern day mythological epic, The Matrix hopes to be the same. The only difference is in SW's the main subject is Good vs. Evil. In The Matrix, it has the whole Destiny vs. Freewill conflict. Both have the "One man against the masses" theme. This is just a crack job at trying to explain it. Joseph Campbell did it better in his Masks of God series.

Sastimos---Joshua

There are no limits.

Exploring those themes is great and the reason that we revisit them is, or should be, that they are realevent to every generation. what gets me is that the quality of storytelling in the last 2 decades has seemed to take a slow downward spin. The impact and the thought involved seems to be somewhat lacking. maybe I'm just getting old and cynical at the ripe old age of 26 but i have a feeling the corprate mindset of hollywood writers and the millions of dollars that are put on the line every time a movie is made is an equally important factor.

I agree with you there. The further we go, the more showy movies have to be. Many movies, I feel, lost all their potential because of the plot being underdeveloped. All of this goes on while the graphics blow you away.

Sastimos---Joshua

There are no limits.

i saw it it was pretty cool , i didnt like the computer affex tho

WTF-TaeKwonDo White belt

Bill Cho's National TKD

hey, did you wing chun guys spot our moves used in the really close up fight scenes?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• 1 month later...

I think the Matrix Reloaded is the only movie I've ever gone to see twice before the opening weekend.. and still considered seeing it again then.

It is quite unique because of its appeal on so many levels. The mathematical/scientific concepts are just as "impressive" as the martial arts choreography. The philosophical nature is also typically appealing for our 21st century psycho-social environment.

Very hard to pick a fav scene..

Loved the scene with The Architect - quite brilliant!

Loved the Neo vs Agent Smith(s) fight sequence!

Loved Morpheus' katana scene!

Keep Smiling!