• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess I'll join the geek party. I have an old Wolverine vs. Spiderman annual/graphic novel/whatever where the two of them go at it. Spiderman gives Wolverine a beating that would total a truck, and Wolverine takes it just to toy with him. They end up on the ground in a bit of a stalemate, Spiderman wins if he uses all his strength to break Wolverine's neck (and even that's iffy), or Wolverine wins if he just pops the claws. And Wolverine is still toying with him, knowing that Spiderman doesn't have it in him to murder a person (I don't remember what they were fighting about). If Wolverine had wanted to kill him, he would have... he had tons of chances. Of course it all depends on what the writers end up pulling out of their butts as their deadlines loom.

So I suppose they're pretty evenly matched. Although I don't remember Spiderman using the webs once in that fight. I think he ran out. Maybe that could have turned the tables (he'd be the only one somewhat effective at long-range).

Wolverine gets webbed up thick enough for Spiderman to get a few seconds of access to his neck: Spiderman wins.

Wolverine makes it past the Spidey-sense and gets the claws in once... just once: Wolverine wins.

Avoiding Wolverine would be a piece of cake for Spiderman. But that isn't winning.

I'm not sure who I'd put my money on. If it came down to pure savagery (and I'm betting it would), Wolverine would have it. Plus Wolverine doesn't get tired, Spiderman does.

*reads this over again*

I'm depressed now.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

Good point when talent is equal it comes down to who is in better shape.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I think wolverine would win because he can't die and he could sometime get spidey pinned and kill him.

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

Everyone keeps saying Wolvie can't die. Why is that? Wolverine is not immortal, like Cannonball, he is just extremely hardy.

It would be a stalemate, because they are both very popular characters. So, Marvel wouldn't let either have the full advantage, to keep from ticking one set of fans off.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

How about in a battle of wits who'd win? They're both fairly big Smart asses ;)

Spiderman is much smarter than Wolverine...after all he's a scientists and all that stuff. When it comes to wise-cracks, however, he's kinda lame. He's a geek...Wolverine is much cooler.

So in a battle to the death, Spiderman vs. Wolverine, the winner would be....Superman! Those Marvel boys don't know a thing about Kryptonite. :brow:

When Spiderman 2 comes out, we can compare ticket sales with that of X-Men 2. A popularity vote may be the closest we come to a true answer.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

alright monkeygirl, i've been reading this silently enough, that's it. superman couldn't take wolverine or spiderman. superman was a total loser. as long as we can throw in other superheros, batman takes 'em all. ...dear god, did i just say that? say what you will y'all, but i'm the biggest loser out of all of you.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Spiderman is much faster and more agile than Wolverine, it's been stated time and again that if Spidey has room to work he can take on almost anyone. Plus most people forget about his strength, he's a much stronger hero than most out there. Wolverine is above average in speed and strength, but no where near Spiderman's level. On the other hand, Wolverine can take a good hit. I mean, the first person they put him against was the Hulk and he came out just fine.

So, overall I'd say Spiderman would take the win, but it'd be a hard fight. Oh, and I'm not sure how Spidey would go about breaking Wolverine's neck. Y'know, with the invulnerable skeleton and all.

Spiderman is much faster and more agile than Wolverine, it's been stated time and again that if Spidey has room to work he can take on almost anyone. Plus most people forget about his strength, he's a much stronger hero than most out there. Wolverine is above average in speed and strength, but no where near Spiderman's level. On the other hand, Wolverine can take a good hit. I mean, the first person they put him against was the Hulk and he came out just fine.

So, overall I'd say Spiderman would take the win, but it'd be a hard fight. Oh, and I'm not sure how Spidey would go about breaking Wolverine's neck. Y'know, with the invulnerable skeleton and all.

The Hulk would walk in and put both their candy arses in the trash QUICK.

No matter how much space spidy has.