• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Body Conditioning to Take Hits

mikS

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Do sit ups, lots of them and don't depend on your muscles(your bodies natural armer) to protect you. Your greatest weapon is your mind, move.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Wow, that kind of sounds like the old karate maxim "Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield". Im bein sarcastic BTW.

Its good to condition yourself for the possibility that you may one day be attacked,but even though you might have abbs of steel,or a rock hard head,it ain,t gonna make a kick to your goin area or the temple feel any better.I suggest training so you don,t have to exchange with an attacker for 5 min straight till someone falls over from lack of exhaustion,or from being knocked out(knock them out quick or disable them fast).Proper breathing and stance transition is vital just in case you are hit so you don,t get the wind knocked out of you,or so your not knocked off balance when hit.if you train in the MA for sport,then you need to spar to get a feel for it,plus what i said above will help.If your like me and you train for self defense alone,then just work out hard,practise breathing and proper stance transition cause in a real fight,there are no pads to protect you.Also..learn how to dodge correctly so you don,t get hit to begin with cause the hand comming at you may have a knife in it or another weapon.

3rd Kyu Brown Belt

To learn more about Kiyojute Ryu Kempo Bugei,goto http://www.kiyojuteryu.org/