• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How much a month?

I pay $56/ month for American Kenpo with unlimited classes.

This is actually a reduced rate from the then $75/month. It has since been increased to $85/month. From what I understand, this high of a rate is fairly typical (if not on the low side) of the city where I live.

One of the great things about my school is that the head instructor does not charge students extra for private lessons.

Rachael

Kenpo - Red/Black Belt

Tae Kwon Do (long time ago)

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, and keep trying again.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My secret?

I train at a University club. no rent overhead to pay for. we basically pay our instructor's gas and training fees, targets, and a big party at the end of the year :)

We pay $30/quarter (10 weeks) 3 classes/week = $1/class :)

Another reason to go to college for some of you :) Ohio State probably has some excellent instructors in many arts.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

$89.(US) a month, okinowan kenpo, kobudo karate- ka. Seems a little high but, it's top quality and not many people seem to be leaving on account of price. :o

PEAT-MOSS

I go to National "rip you off" Karate where its $100 for the pay by month plan, $90 for a month every month for a year, and the 3 year plan is like 70 or something. Then they charge you for each test crazy amounts but I guess they have to. Im going to start taking shao-lin/wing chung king fu soon and thats gonna be 50 a month. :)

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

King of Fighters: I checked it out and it looks like I was wrong, my city is really only about 800,000 people or so, and although it is a pretty big city, that is nowhere near as large as somewhere like Phoenix, or Denver, or Dallas, or hundreds of other larger cities.

Anyway, back on topic, yeah, it does sound like we Americans are getting ripped off. I am happy to say that I finally found a place I will be training at that teaches Muay Thai, Brazilian JuiJitsu, and a little Eskrima all for $50. That is much cheaper than all but one of the places around me.

GD

G r e e n D r a g o n

FOR THE ABSOLUTE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS...AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE: https://www.trueprotein.com

For an even lower price, use this discount code: CRA857

Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior. - Carl von Clausewitz

Americans only get ripped off due to lack of research. The easiest places to train are the easiest to find.

Those are located in health clubs and strip malls.

Those locations carry extravagent overhead in terms of rent, because they figure a retail place will be likely to rake in lots of sales.

Think about it, you'll spend $100 no problem buying clothes at a store in one month.

How does the TKD store next door stay open? Getting you to bring in approximately the same amount.

Universities, YMCAs, Rec Centers, etc often have outstanding instruction at a considerably lower price. You just have to do your homnework.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

I pay $108 a month for both my son and I. When he quits this fall, it will go down to $70 a month. TKD is the style.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!