• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem,

well, in truth Ive been fighting this exact problem the last few months,

after about one month of training my abs, and seeing NO improvement, I was getting a bit discouraged, but I can assure you, if you hang in there, and keep training, and eating proper, the small amounts of lower-ab fat WILL go. It just takes AGES longer to lose this fat, (well, it did for me,) than most other body fat.

Good luck.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

the problem is i eat to survive, there's no way I can make my meals smaller and survive!!

im as skinny as u can get, but with stupid fat around my stomach (just a little tho, but still!!)

but i'll keep doing what im doing, keep training

thats the only cure.

Keep training.

Im sure theres a way you can tailor you diet to your needs.

It might mean cutting out some pleasure foods though.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

• 2 months later...

Genetics play a huge role in the way your body stores fat and where. This will make it more difficult to shape your body the way you think it should look. Having body fat and being fat are two different things. If you are effective and effecient and love yourself then don't beat yourself up over a little insulation. :brow:

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, If I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven.

Such is the rule of HONOR!

No. I eat one cup of Dannon "Light and fit" a day for my afternoon snack. It's the only yogurt I like. I would like to have thought it was the only reason for my fat/weight lose, but it's not ;)

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• 2 months later...

The longer you have that bulge the more your skin will stretch and remain in that position.

The elasticity of the skin can only take so much.

I am 38 and in 9 months will be 39. I have had love handles so long, I fear I would not get rid of them completely. I am 5'6, and even in my youth, did not have a six pack. Diet and exercise, along with genetics. I have been up to 183, and down to 142.

I was 138 for years after graduating high school (about 6). Then I broke the 140 mark, and it seems all down hill since then.

I have not really grown in muscular size in 20 years either. My legs perhaps, but little else.

I have remained stagnate in the 150's for quite some time. Sometime I drop into the upper 140's but not for long. My pant size is 32, but many times it is the mid-drift, and my thigh size that dictuate what fits, and not just my stomach.

Other men my age, either bulk up to hide them (creating the V shape), or they do some extreme things I am not sure I want to do.

Proper diet and exercise are crucial as we all know.

The hard part is doing it on your own. For without help, then you are just guessing and doing what others say work for them.

Well, it doesn't always work that way.

My body might produce more fat when I eat product 'a' than product 'b'.

It might produce less sugar (than say someone else of equal size and proportion), from specific biological process.

I might not burn as much fat as other people, perhaps due to my metabolism, or perhaps due to the fact that my muscles do not work in a sufficient fat burning manner.

There are so many variables to deal with, again it wouldnt' hurt to get help when you find yourself at a stoppage.

Later folks!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...