• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gaining weight

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Whoa, this is not good for your body. I would stay with cardio and start lifting weights and eating plenty of proteins. Remeber,you want to gain the right kind of weight.

To gain weight you need to increase your calorie intake. make sure to eat the right foods but also food with high calorie counts. Stay away from high fat foots but get foods high in carbs. Pasta works great. Also you may want to take a protein supplement drink. I was in a similiar situation years ago and with lifting weights and eating right and increasing my calorie intake I went from 125lbs. to 185. It is a lot of work but it can be done.

Good luck

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

• 2 weeks later...

1. LOTS of protein - about 1.5 to 2 grams per pound of your bodyweight. Lean meat, chicken, fish, shakes, etc.

2. you HAVE to eat plenty of calories - find out how many you need to maintain your bodyweight - increase that by about 500 calories or so.

3. don't decrease cardio, you don't want to lose your wind just to bulk up. Your increased eating will compensate for the cardio work.