• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How to get 6-pack Abs [for those interested]

BoxerScott

Ok,

I am quite thin, but I have a bit of fat, almost exclusively covering my abs. I think I have about 10% - 15% bodyfat (I had 6% a year ago, but I've been bulking up), and I'd like that totally ripped Bruce Lee look. How long do you estimate that would take?

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to continue to bulk if you think your too thin (then again some people like to stay thin).

Usually cutting depends on your commitment (sticking to the diet, cardio, and workouts) and the biggest factor: Genetics. I'll admit I can't give you a definite estimate, its all based on you. However, you will probably start to see the faint outline of the top Abs after a few weeks.

-Boxer Scott

• Boxing
  • Iwama Aikido

Ok, thanks.

I'll probably bulk a little more, and maybe try some protien powder, because I'm starting to really enjoy getting stronger.

If I flex my abs, the topmost "packs" are visible at this point.

So I guess I'll bulk for a few more months, then try cutting for six weeks or so. It might not be my thing, so I'll see.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

On a side note, if you guys are interested in making an informative post such as this one (not asking questions but providing information), you might want to consider submitting it as an article to KarateForums.com's Article database.

The bigger our article database, the better the feature will be when the articles are launched.

Of course, this isn't a requirement of any kind...informative posts are allowed and everything :nod:

However, threads come and go, whereas Articles will last a little longer ;) Just thought you'd like to know!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• 3 weeks later...
Typically, how long would a cutting cycle be?

In a case like this, as BoxerScott said, however long it takes to get results. However, if you are REALLY cutting for a bodybuidling competition, then you generally cut for 12 weeks, and this is 12 weeks of HELL :P Then again, the bodybuilders do take in low amounts of carbohydrates, and continue to workout, and need to have a low bodyfat percentage so they can look ripped.

Rule #1: Play the game to the limit. Damn the consequences.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here is an question for anyone who can answer... I am about 11% body fat, 16 male, 6'1 @ 170 lbs. My top abs are plenty visible, but for some reason my lower section has fell far behind in the progression. As far as I know, there actually are no "Lower" and "Upper" abs, its one string of muscle. Are there any particular excercise routines that could target that lower section? I have tried a thousand different excercises and I diet correctly, but all I have achieved is reduction of the fat. I just cant seem to bulk it correctly. Any suggestions?

Patience is a grand- either you can learn it or I can make you learn it.

• 1 year later...