• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

diets ????

Angelus

Rice can make you gain weight if you eat too much of it. So can breads and pastas. The key is to eat a balanced diet consisting mainly of fresh fruits and vegetables and complex carbos. Proteins should be lean and fats should be plant based if possible (nuts, seeds, olive oil, etc.) Of course if you're a wacko like me you can eliminate all animal products and get your proteins from plant sources...you'll never have to diet again! In fact you can eat quite alot and lose weight provided you don't overdue the breads and processed cereals. And get this...beer counts!!!!! :lol:

Simple formula for weight loss: Consume less calories than your body uses each day and you will lose weight. Either decrease you intake or increase your output by adding extra workouts, cardio, etc.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Rice won't make you gain weight. It's the staple of many Asian diets, and non-westernised Asians are generally pretty thin. See my above post on the main things to cut out. And, yeah, if you eat a lot of junk food, that's a no-brainer: cut out the chips and take-aways. (Although chips every now and again won't really hurt ya.)

Keep in mind that in many non-westernised Asian cultures that portion sizes are traditionally alot smaller and are also without most western processed/junk foods. Activity levels are typically higher, too.

I'm a firm believer in low(er) carb dieting. I'm currently on a modified form of the Atkins diet (more info here: http://www.atkinscenter.com ) on which I've lost 45lbs since september. I also have experience with low fat diets as I lost 80lbs on one prior to starting the low carb diet (125lbs lost thus far with about 10-15 to go til i reach my goal).