• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you ever wear your gi outside of the dojo?

SaiFightsMS

Do you wear your gi outside the dojo?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear your gi outside the dojo?

• yes
    • only the pants
    • on rare occcasions
    • no never

i wear my gi to and from class all the time but that is usually the only time i wear it outside of training.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear mine to and from training but with trousers and a jumper over the top and no belt on (tends to get caught in unhelpful places with trousers over the top).

I did actually wear it to school once. The lower school was having a non uniform day so the sixth form was encouraged to dress up. There were a few Gi from different karate clubs going around, and I had a red belt back then (one before brown) which depending on style is either low or mid range belt so it wasn't like showing off.

You must bear in mind that I actually have no shame. At all.

Just a quick question, Im gonna start training on my own every day, just do what sensei was having us do last class, and just practice that and have sensei correct my errors when I go to class. Would it be wrong to wear my Gi at home? thank you

Rule #1: Play the game to the limit. Damn the consequences.

Not at all, your gi is for training and if you want to wear it at home for training I think it is OK. I prefer to train in sweats and sneakers at home as your balance is different than in bare feet and is more realistic.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

I never have worn my gi if I wasn't training at the dojo. And I wouldn't dream of not changing it in the locker room, as it is wet as a swamp after a class. I have literally squeezed it a bit drier before putting it back into the bag for going home. There is always a small pond on the floor where I do that.

Not at all, your gi is for training and if you want to wear it at home for training I think it is OK. I prefer to train in sweats and sneakers at home as your balance is different than in bare feet and is more realistic.

Yeah, when I train at home, I try to make it as realistic as possible, jeans and a collar shirt are just as good as any clothes for a technique workout. Of course, when I'm not doing technique, but just fitness, I wear whatever is most practical and comfortable. :karate:

Hi

Some times, if u r hurry u need to move with the gi on.

But its only an accident.

The Gi is only a special cloth to train, ur art & the respect for it is in ur heart.

I don´t say u must to be disrispectful with ur Gi but is not a drama wear it outside.

But never wear ur belt outside, is not a drama too but many people see ur belt & u have some bullies looking for u to fight.

thanks

Ilich miguel Torres Fong

2nd Dan BB Shito Kai

Central America & Caribbean Confederation (WKF - PKF Zone) Kumite Judge

Monterrey, México 8)

Im open to learn & talk about any MA or Style (all are great)