• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Burning fat and not muscle

Jack

I remember Jason Hun mentioned some E/C/A stack that would reduce muscle loss when running, I was just wondering if there were any natural alternatives so when I run I do not cannibalize muscle... for example would simply eating a bit more protein before/after a run help or what?

Advice here nutricianists please :grin:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am not a nutritionist, but here goes...

if you aren't supporting your muscles with a healthy diet they will deplete because your body will burn muscle off as energy.

Guess what - your muscle will burn off first before your body kicks into your stored body fat.

Also your body will start burning off sugar before it starts using your stored fat as fuel for energy. So if your diet isn't supporting your exercise program and your program isn't supporting you health and fitness goals then your body is going to find it ver difficult to burn body fat.

If your work out includes lots of cardio, then on top of that you are performing more cardiovascular exercise such as running then your muscle may again burn off first before your body fat. In other words "over fat burning" can cause depletion of muscle. Which means less muscle tone.

Remember you need muscle to help burn fat!

Your muscles use all three types of fuel that the body uses... carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Which fuel the muscles use will depend on whether you are at rest or moving...and how you're moving as well. When at rest, your

muscles prefer to burn fat as fuel. When you are exercising intensively, you mainly burn the carbohydrate glucose, either straight from the bloodstream or as the breakdown product of glycogen, a storage form of carbohydrate. During endurance sports - such

as distance running...the muscles use fats as their primary energy source, but "burn" carbohydrates to get the best output of energy from their consumption of fats.

So, besides eatting carbs before running or working out, you can also supplement with nutrients. Amino Acids to look for are Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine,Smilax Officinalis and Inosine are very effective for burning fat and keeping muscle.

:bigwink:

Deby

Awww...geez...it's not that bad! In reality it's everything in moderation...diet & exercise...you can go to extremes in doing both...you just have to find out the right combo that works for you. And for us who find it difficult to distinguish what he/she should do to obtain their desired results...well, maybe a personal trainer & nutritionist should be consulted.

Remember...nothing in life comes easy or without cost! NOTHING! Invest in yourself and in time you will reap the benefits of all your hard work! :nod:

Deby