• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

shin pain! any advice?

glingglo

i've noticed a dull ache in both of my legs, along the inside of my shin bones. it extends from a couple of inches below my knee to a couple of inches above my ankle, and it seems to be coming from deep inside my legs. it started after a night of excessive jumping (flying kicks and lots of calisthentics), and it's gotten progressively worse. i now feel it even when i walk, but the pain is intense when i run or jump or do anything where i'm up on the balls of my feet.

has anyone had a similar problem? i don't think it's shin splints because i've been told that those are a sharp pain along the bone, and this is more like an ache deeper within the leg. i'm very worried that this will force me to stop training and i want to get the problem under control as soon as i can.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Shinsplints, yes. I get them all the time from intense tack and crosscountry practice, coupled with Karate. Just give them ice and ease up a little to give them time to heal. Also when it heals back, it will have some scar tissue for added protection from getting them again.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

I probably wouldnt worry much about it. Being a drummer you get to know the feeling when you first start to play. After a while it goes away and you improve as a result. Your probably just doing activities that stress that area of the leg... if you continue what you are doing it is my best guess that your body will adapt.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

-Albert Einstien