Christians and the Martial Arts

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on topic. Ken, I thought your article was very well written. Some of the earlier posts seem to have taken the debate in a different direction, and they might interesting to pursue, but I do agree with your basic premise. I too am a Christian, and I enjoy my particular form of MA. I will admit I may have a limited view, the orgnaization that I am assoc. with was founded in 1967 by a Christian, with the goal of using it as an evangelistic tool. I have not been exposed to many other styles, so I can not comment on them.

I did enjoy your article! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

• 2 weeks later...

Good article in some schools it can be hard to maintain your christian values when faced with Buddhist and shinto philoshophy,but at the same time in order to understand what your learning it can be important/helpful to have an understanding of these philosiphies/cultures to better interpet the movement of kata ect :karate:

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi