• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

full contact TKD

In reply about "full contact". I think that should be pretty self-explantory. It means you don't have to pull the punch or kick. It has nothing to do with what areas are legal and what areas are not.

No holds barred fighting is where anything goes. Rules are rules. Full contact just means you don't have to hold back when hitting your opponent, but the contact still has to be a legal hit.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

• 3 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a yellow belt in ITF tae kwon do and i've sparred with a black stripe and 1st degree black belt and been punched in the head, so i don't think head punches are off limits.

I have to reply to the one that said that "gear limits full contact." Sorry, I forget who it was.

I was fighting an awsome fighter today. I had all the gear on. The chest protector and all. When he did a roundhouse kick to my chest, that chest protector didn't do nuttin. This guy can kick so hard that I felt it and it hurt like a ...... you know what! He was a 4th gup I might add, not a BB. He had fantastic technique and kicked like a horse!

Laurie F

• 1 month later...
very nice, and im tired of everyone saying that TKD people cant fight in reall life, some cant but some can, it depends on the individual... and no one said that sparr in the olympics was made for real life , but it does help on speed and ect .
ORANGE Belt(WTF) TaeKwonDo