I wish i could kick like the Great one

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You use the term "over turning" a kick..... Pretend there is no such thing as "over turning" and put your hips into every kick. You'll find that you get extreme power kicking this way. Bruce Lee had great hip power and "over turned" every round kick that he threw.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

kicking good is a physical thing as much as it is a mental thing

when you are sparring just maintain a certain calm and relaxsation

relax all your muscles and your mind and it will all start coming along.......i guarantee it

almost think as if your feet weigh nothing keep bouncing and throw all your material from a non static movement

its working for myself!

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

When I shadowbox the Round kick, i don't stop my kick in the air.. I follow through all the way. Thai-boxers over-turn every kick, that's why it hurts to get kicked by it. Keep your leg relaxed and focus on turning your hip all the way over. When I make contact with my target, my goal is to have my hips turn all the way over.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

• 7 months later...

do not jump into the splits unless you are very flexable already, or yo will injure your self already, pluss you need to do dynamic streaching to do side kicks not just static.

"perfection, is something we all get closer too with training, but you will never get there and untill you accept this your mind will be limited in what you can achive"

- Dave