• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hello my TKD school does alot of self defense,blocks and punches along w/ kicks and from what ive seen of the TKD peeps on this board they dont do alot of this am i wrong? tell me.............

14,purple belt,TKD

talk to me i'm fun

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

sure there is "punching" in TKD that dosent always mean it is effective or emphasized.

i think most peopel "do" these things but just beacause you show someone a wrist lock and the gaurd dosent mean you teach groundfighting and grappling for example.

OMG! I am sore from doing throws last night (I'll use it as an example) ..... and yes, they do that in TKD ;) Before I switched dojangs, no I didn't learn throws. That was also a TKD dojang. It all depends on the instructor. We do learn a lot of self defense, ect. But we also learn TKD's trademark kicks ;)

Laurie F

I'm a pretty avid supporter of using hand techniques. I think probably you have seen people who don't do TKD saying that there are no hand techiniques, but I think most everyone here who actually does TKD would disagree. (not trying to start an argument here folks, I'm done with those, just saying that's the way it seems to go)

P.S. Stop by the introductions thread, near the bottom. And check out http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=6198

so you can tell us what you like about TKD too!

Might as well take my advice--I don't use it anymore.

well, you know that TKD is just an inferior bas-turd-ized offshoot of Tang Soo Do, which is the best Art ever to be created by man.

Strike that. Tang Soo Do was created by an advanced alien race and was demonstrated to the human race in the early 16th century to a korean monk: Hwarang Dan. Dan, high on a mixture of peyote and kimchee recorded these arts in the Mooyae Dobo Tongji. In a fervor of Korean Nationalism, Dan made 6 more copies of the books -- all slightly different -- and sent 6 of his fastest men in 6 directions.

The man who went East sadly died in the Pacific Ocean, and his book floated to Hawaii, where LuaLua was created. Another went to China, and presented the book to Boddhidharma, and is often considered the root of Chinese Gung-fu.

From there, it went further south, to Thailand where the savage illiterate population imitated the bizarre pictures and devloped Silat. This also explains Shotokan. That's why shotokan has no fluidity and why they do the same forms as we do. I don't know WHAT the Okinawans were smoking when they modified our forms.

Edited by tommarker

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.