• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which martial art movie star do you like best?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I like Dolph Lundgren..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: where i work, i'm the only male, and we have a computer in the back room to place orders and stuff, and for the longest time, i'd say about 2 months, the wallpaper on the screen was of dolph lundgren's abs! :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Some of you people really need to inform yourselves of the facts before you go sprouting. You all say "van damme sux" but you don't have a reason. Van Damme was a world class fighter. He started Shotokan Karate when he was 8 years old. He was the European middleweight karate champion, then he went to the USA to go for the world championship. He didn't win, but he had a rematch with the guy who beat him and won this time in less than 2 minutes. Watch some of his earlier movies when he was in his twenties, they were serious martial arts movies like kickboxer and bloodsport where his amazing ability is evident. Watch kickboxer when hes doing these awesome 360 degree leap kicks one after the other, its an awesome sight to behold. You reckon he has no skill...you try replicate some of the feats he performs in that movie, then you will be "humbled". Everybody seems to know that he did ballet and everyone says hes a crap fighter and he can just do the splits because he did ballet. True, he did ballet for 5 years when he was a child, but he is a lifelong devotee of martial arts. He has also won bodybuilding titles, can speak 4 languages, he is still in excellent shape at over 40 years old, and all you can do is say they he sucks? Go figure. He still trains and lifts weights and being in the great shape he's in, i'm sure he could kick the * of some overweight slob like Chucky or Seagul boy. Jackie Chan is the one who shows little true martial arts skill in his movies. All he does is run around jumping over furniture and climbing ladders etc, while evading about 100 guys at once. Whereas Van Damme actually uses moves in his movies that he would perform in a real life situation.

um, i think you nees to watch more jackie chan movies and go read about his past before you say he has no martial arts ability.

what takes more skill?

to use things you have learnt or to make up things from what you have learnt and make it look normal?

and i think jackie chan trains way harder than most of you guys give him credit for because he has to do harder things with his body.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Chuck Norris would kick JCVD's butt! Are you kidding me AUSSIE? :o Chuck Norris was wiping the floor with guys long before VanDamme was taking up first position on the ballerina bar. Please refrain from ridiculous statements against Mr. Norris. :D :P

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

i don't dislike mr. van damme as a martial artist, i dislike him as an actor. he's a terrible actor; i can barely sit through one of his movies. granted, i haven't seen many, but even mr. segal is so bad it's funny. mr. van damme is just bad.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai