• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which martial art movie star do you like best?

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"My favorite is Jet Li {Once Upon a Time in China} "

i just saw that the other day; that's become my favorite martial arts movie!

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm, it all depends on the film.

the first once upona time in china was excellent and jet li was good in that but you have to admit the sequels were a bit suspect.

chow yun fat was good in crouching tiger but he's no martial artist.

same with ol' keanu in the matrix films.

and who can argue with jackie in police story...?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I think my best would have to be Jackie Chan. Despite this pedestal that everyone puts Bruce Lee on (and I'm sure I'm committing some sacrilige here :roll: ), a lot of his movies really weren't that great. Sure, you might consider them classics and good for when they were released, but I get a bigger kick (groan) out of Jackie Chan movies.

I would have to say that I really liked a lot of the earlier Jet Li movies (the ones where he acted more like Jackie Chan...). Of course, Fist of Legend was good too, and he was kinda' serious.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Whoohoo!! I LOVE Jackie Chan!! He is my all time favorite martial artist and actor. I even watch his cartoon: Jackie Chan Adventures lol. But I think my 2nd fav would be Jet Li. The movie Romeo Must Die was great!

Female- 16 years old - Brown Belt 3rd grade.

well, first of shorin ryu, it's pretty bloody hard to find a good kung fu movie. i don't think anyone liked bruce lee for his brilliant acting, brilliant story lines, or standard breaking dialogue... :roll: :P

and... not to be disrespectful, but did you just call romeo must die a good movie...? the only reason i personally made it to the end is because i was positive there just had to be a good fight scene SOMEWHERE in the movie. i was very dissapointed. that movie scarred me from jet li for life. i'm only starting to recover with once upon a time in china (i've only seen the first 3, and you're right, 2 and 3 were pretty subpar)...

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai