• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Could it be possible...

I agree with karateronin. Sensei Brennan can throw a deadly mawasi-gei jodan (round-house kick to the head.) I know from experiance, they hurt quite a bit to. :dead:

"In combat know the enemys rhythm, use a rhythm he cannot anticipate, upset his rhythm, and win." Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)

Oss!

Chris Pullan.

1st Dan Shotokan Karate. (KUGB)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also agree, I had several roundouse kicks (dolryo chagi, incase your wondering if I know the Korean word) to the head, when I used to study WTF Taekwondo.

And Yes they do hurt, even when your wearing headgear. :dead:

Best Wishes

Darryl Garrick

9th Kyu Shotokan Karate

Karate International Black Belt Schools (UK)

[ This Message was edited by: Goose on 2001-09-01 12:58 ]

Goose

6th Kyu Shotokan Karate

9th Kyu Okinawan Kobudo

Karate International Black Belt Schools (UK)

I don't think anyone's arguing the point that the karate style roundhouses don't hurt, i think maybe the point is that the thai style hurts more. I agree with that wholeheartedly. I reckon it's easier to block/deflect a thai style roundhouse to the head that it is one to the body btw.

Roundhouses rule! so there! :lol:

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

A properly performed traditional roundhouse kick, karate style, hurts. I cant speak for Muay Thai as i have never practised it. As long as the kick delivers the required KO or point (depending on situation), then quite frankly, does it matter which hurts more?

[ This Message was edited by: ts757 on 2001-09-06 12:23 ]

is a taekwondo roundhouse effective? does it hurt?..i dont know does the pope pray? a roundhouse kick in any form of martial art is one of the fastest..hard hitting kicks available in a martial artist arsenal,,for you guys to stay here arguing about who throws it the best is pointless well be here all month....it would be very easy for me to join in and say hey taekwondo!! who throws kicks better than us..thats our forte!!! it comes down to the induividual...i know taekwondo stylist who will behead you with a rounhouse before you knew what happened..i also know kickboxers and muay tai guys who will do the same...everybody has thier way even guys who study in the same school much less the same style..if you have all your factors together..speed (being the most important factor in any kick) hip rotation(for follow through) coordination (for targeting)footwork (for closing the gap) if you can put these together in sync..who cares what style you practice..it gets the same result..someones going to be hurting..and we all bleed the same color and we all have the same bones that can be broken...and if you were able to develop a front kick in the same manner than you will get the same result..dont sleep on the front kick..many people forget about it once they start advancing in the ranks..this too is one of the more practical and deadly..more likely to land then a nice 360 jumping wheel kick any day... :smile:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...