• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

black belt in KM

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
can you recieve a black belt in krav maga? if so how long does it take?

yes, generally 5 years if you work hard.

Krav Maga does not empasize belts like most traditional styles but it does have them and you really have to work to get them :D

Krav maga is the fighting methods taught to the israeli army. They don't wear funny colour belts they us it to fight. It's mainly defences against arab knife attacks and striking people with a weapon (gun), knees and elbows. It's really nasty stuff designed to be taught to toops in a few days. (my house mate used to be an israeli para trooper)

This idea has been taken on as every one has jumped on the KM bandwagon. People from other martial arts (usually Ju-jutsu) claim to teach KM but really it's just another way to take your money.

How can you have a grading system in a martial art designed to be simple and effective and taught in a few days? 5years to get a black belt?

In your style of krav Maga do you learn how to hit people with a rifle?

Bretty

It's mainly defences against arab knife attacks and striking people with a weapon (gun), knees and elbows

those are parts if it, but there is much more to it...also it think it defends against knife attacks in general..not just "arab" knife attacks..

This idea has been taken on as every one has jumped on the KM bandwagon. People from other martial arts (usually Ju-jutsu) claim to teach KM but really it's just another way to take your money.

I havenever heard of this, you have to be certified to teach KM, you cant just say you do..that would result in a lawsuit...

How can you have a grading system in a martial art designed to be simple and effective and taught in a few days?

why not, although KM is known for being quick and effective you cant learn any stlye in a few days..not a complete system mastry.

In your style of krav Maga do you learn how to hit people with a rifle?

I belive it's taught later on but I prefer to learn things more relevent to me, that would be relevent to a soldier, just as some aspects are more relvent to a LE officer.

I am going to college majoring in law enforcement. If I can should I take a Krav Maga class? I still have three years left in college.

It is definetly a great stlye for LE offiers, I train with several and KM is taught to diffrent agencys across the US.

How long would it take to revice a black blet in goju-ryu karate if you work as hard as you can?

This reminds me of an old story:

One day a prospective student approached a master to ask him about his style. This student had travelled for days to find the master and study under him.

"Master," the student began "I wish to be the best in your art. How long will it take me to attain mastery?"

"10 years," the master replied.

"10 years is a very long time," said the student. "What if I practice twice as hard as all your other students?"

"20 years," the master replied.

"20 years!" The student exclaimed. "What if I practice day and night?"

"30 years," the master replied.

"30 years! Why is it that every time I say I'll work harder it takes longer to master your style?" The frustrated student asked.

"Because," the master commented in a soft voice "if you have one eye focused on the goal you only have one with which to follow the way."