The legalisation of cannabis?

ZeRo

should cannabis be laegalised?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. should cannabis be laegalised?

• Yes
    • No

I voted "No".

I think hemp is an amazing resource, but until people stop lighting up the stuff and ruining it for us I guess we'll have to do without it (thanks guys).

As for cigarettes and alcohol... I don't know which of them are more dangerous (probably alcohol)... but I honestly wish all three were wiped off the face of the planet.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm can i sort something out, hemp and the cannabis that people smoke are not the same thing, yes they come from the same plant but the part of the plant that is used as "hemp" contains no THC so it wont get you "high". can we try and keep the convosation off "hemp" and about smoking cannabis.

thanks

I didn't mean smoking the hemp itself. If it's illegal to grow the plant then we get no hemp no matter what the different parts are used for :).

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

But ZeRo, you didn't specify the two uses. Medicinal, yes. Recreational, no. That simple. Everybody else goes to rehab or jail.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

Its illegal, it should stay that way. Harmless in itself. However it can lead the young and insecure onto heavier drugs and the thought of some stoned guy behind the wheel of a car is frighening!

Jim Carrey says it best in the film "Liar Liar"

"STOP BREAKING THE LAW A$$HOLE!"

:lol:

I wonder?????

If God smoked cannabis.....

Would he see people???????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yes for medicinal purposes :)

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I Voted no, COz They'er better thing to do than to cloud your brain. :weirdlook:

I think it's important to point out that this is NOT the question at issue. Millions of americans regularly spark up and cannabis is illegal.

The only difference is that when Cannabis is illegal we rip apart families, fund violent criminal thugs and make it impossible for young people to find models of responsible use.

I vote to legalize marijuana. The infuriating injustice and savagery with which the drug war is being pursued is vastly out of proportion to the danger posed by tolerating marijuana use. Again, it's not a question of eliminating it because it's use ebbs and flows without much regard to it's legal status, it's a question of how savage we will be in punishing people who use a relatively safe drug.

Those of you who want to continue it's prohibition recall that the road to hell is paved in good intentions. There are costs to every policy one can adopt towards drugs, and it is morally irresponsible to fail to consider the costs of doing something so simple as continuing with out present policy.

How much good are we really doing by putting people in jail for having marijuana in their pockets? Why is their choice of drug justification for jailing them/taking their children/slapping them with a criminal record? Would ruining someone's career be worse or better than their use of marijuana taking down their IQ by a couple of points on the odd weekend?