• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Makes A BlackBelt

I just posted a topic and now I realise before that can be discussed another question must be awnsered. What makes a blackbelt?

I believe Fighting Ability, Technique and Wisdom are the three things one needs to obtain his/her belt.

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky"

-Hendrix

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I would like to think that a black belt would be an awesome fighter but in reality this is far from the truth. Now, I'm not saying that every black are bad fighters, but it's not the belt that makes the fighter.

In short, the pretty black belt will not be here to fight for you in a street fight, and it is the skills of the fighter that will save him.

Finally, I don't mean to offend people that really cares about the belt ranking as this only reflect my opinion.

• 3 months later...

well i believe that you should get better at your moves and faster to have it in you and you really want to get one like you desirve it :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Time, effort, attitude, a little blood from time to time, Time, practicing the Tenents of the martial arts in my personal and professional life, Time, a little cashola,practice up the ying -yang (Not THE ying/yang of course), Time, and a great sense of humor :wink:

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

i dont think the colour of the belt should matter. Som e4th kyus deserve black belts and some 2nd dans dont in my experience. Everyone has individual strengths that make them deserving. :bigwink:

Empty your mind : be formless, shapeless like water. Now you can put water inot a cup and it becomes that cup. Now water can flow and it can crash. Be water.