• 1 year later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big rip off and waste of $; the police wouldn't hire a person trained in such a fashion, but if they managed to be fooled by the "credentials" (doubtful), they wouldn't be fooled for long.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

• 1 month later...

im guesing the gaps were filled by words beging MC...

Mcmartialart

Mctrainingsystem

MCAMERICA where the police forces may fall for it ... :) J/K sorry felt like a bit of fool bashing :)

Nobody can learn to become an instructor in anything in 12 hrs.

• 1 month later...

Along the same line ..... I had a police investigator at a big demo and tournament tell me (before he knew I was an instructor) that he could teach me everything I needed to know about self defense in a 3 HOUR COURSE!!! Well normally I'd laugh and walk away, but I just couldn't resist. I asked him to demonstrate on me. Needless to say, he had a more difficult time of it than I did. He then proceeded to pack up his display and go home.

It's laughable to consider someone on the same level as someone that has been training a multitude of techniques for 10 years or more. I think these programs set people up to get themselves in a world of trouble on the street.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Though it wasn't explicity stated, courses like that aren't particularly rare and are intended for people who are already practiced in their art. It is a course to teach you how to teach others, because just knowing the techniques doesn't mean you can effectively teach them to someone else, let alone a large group of people more or less simultaneously.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

What is really sad about this isn't the fact that some bonehead is out there trying to smear martial arts as a whole, there will always be someone out there to mess up anything someone else enjoys, i.e. anyone old enough to remember the "Pocket Fisherman"? Or what about these late night infomercial hucksters? What really is sad is that some naieve soul will scrape up this money and after being laughed at by numerous police agencies, will abandon the martial arts. This friends is the worst part of this scheme.

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!