• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Instructor After 12 hours?

I really would like to see what you guy's think about the following:

Law Enforcement Instructorship Program. (Name Deleted) has developed one of the most respected programs in the country for teaching law enforcement officers. Currently over 50 police departments in the (country deleted) have adopted this program. We are now offering personal training programs to civilians on how to teach this exact program from A to Z. Graduates from this course will learn not only the specific curriculum, but also how to get your foot in the door of your local police department, and the appropriate way to present the program (accompanied by your official instructorship certificate). This is a 12-hour program, completed over two days. The fee is $2,000.00; and can be split among four participants. ($500.00 per person) .

I'd like to know what you guy's think of being an instructor after two days.

[ This Message was edited by: Iron Arahat on 2001-08-24 20:05 ]

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like SCARS or Krav Maga to me. More marketing hype. Just because a person sells his system to law enforcement agencies or the military doesn't mean it's the most or even a remotely effective system. Now to become and "instructor" in 12 hours is just plain silly. Maybe if you've had previous training in the system and are attending a seminar to get this, it would hold some ground. But I think this type of program really shows how ignorant the general population of the USA is when it comes to fighting.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

• 3 months later...

12 hours he must be a really fast learner or something like that i don`t think i could do that in less it is a cheap way :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

So what are the previous knowledge and training requirements of the participants? Are these Joe blo walk in the doors or people all ready trained and rated in a viable martial form?

This brings to mind the settings of some karate schools in post war Japan. There was and explosian of GI's wanting classes and a shortage of teachers. So a few would go to a class in the daytime and at night teach what they had just learned to their own students under the guise of "sensei".

There were no prior requirements noted at all.

I have to say that first off it's scary what people will market as a "quailty program". Secondly, I can't believe that anyone can truely understand what would or would not benefit a law enforment officer if they have never done the job, let alone what would be permitted and legally justified.