• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Reeling from rolling.....

JumpDaddy

Last night I practiced falls, rolls and tumbles for the first time. During the practice I began feeling nauseous (I didn't let on, though, and finished the practice). I had eaten a garlic pasta dinner only an hour before.

But today at noon my stomach still feels funny...is this normal, do rolls take that much of a toll? :(

I'm a normal, healthy fellow with no medical problems and take no medication.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

:( Better check the dinner.

No, falling/rolling shouldn't take that much out of you. Sure, you can get nauseous from the spinning and rolling, especially if you're doing a lot and haven't got down the technique of focusing on a point. However, the feeling should leave as quick as getting off a really fast spinning carnival ride.

Unless you were thinking back through the feeling of rolling, and that triggered your brain to the dizzy feeling again. :-?

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

I usually don't eat heavy meals like that no less than two hours before class. Specially Judo. But in TKD, we do intense warm-ups, so there is the same.

But if that's not a problem, it might because you are just not used to rolls and stuff. Before going into a roll, focus on a point somewhere ahead of you (another student, something on the wall, ect). Do the roll then pop your eyes back on that point. This helped me when I did it at first. Then I got used to it. I hope this helps :)

Laurie F

Last night I practiced falls, rolls and tumbles for the first time. .....

But today at noon my stomach still feels funny...is this normal, do rolls take that much of a toll? :(

um... key phrase up there! FIRST TIME ... you'll get used to it ...(or rather your stomach will get used to it.

Suggestion: Maybe curb the garlic until after class ... I'm sure your fellow students will thank me for suggesting that one to you! Other than that .... did you rule out garlic poisoning??? Just kidding! :wink:

You may have just jostled your insides a bit ... something you're not quite used to yet... and may never get used to. Lets see what happens next time!