• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

board breaking to me is usless im in shotokan and we will never break boards boards dont hit back

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are other posts on this topic. Funny, alot of people who don't break or have never broken, have this same viewpoint. Check out the other posts.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

We use the plastic pratice boards on very rare occasions for teaching the importance of the snap in the wrist for punches, shitos etc.

I say very rarely as I have only seen them used once in about six months. It is not a big part of the training at my dojo.

Lastly, the main reason I take Karate is not for its obvious application in figthing, but for fitness, focus, self confidence to name a few reasons.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

kchenault's right. I used to think breaking was a waste of time, but then i began doing it. Sure, boards don't hit back, but where else are you going to see how your techniques get the best snap and power without killing all your sparring buddies?

Might as well take my advice--I don't use it anymore.

i agree with you guys maybe board breaking isnt a waste of time it does show were you have power or not thanks alot

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

that is what i do i have a makiwara board that i punch and aheavy bag to kick and puncg and i bought a bob oponet bag that is a great investment

Shotokan_fighters creed