• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WTF vs ITF vs WIF, does club affiliation matter???

Which is your school affiliated with?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your school affiliated with?

• WTF
    • ITF
    • WIF

I will for sure. :) I cant say when positively, but i'm excited to meet him. Here's a blast from your past: I did speak to someone at the school last night, the forms they teach are Tae-Geuk and Chung Bong. Which you know were developed by Master Jay Hyon, Dr. Haaland's instructor and taught at MNTKD along with the Tae-Geuk and Palgwe forms.

Read a little more here:

http://www.tigerconsulting.org/forms.htm

There are other articles online.

As usual tread carefully, as happens so often, if something seems to good to be true, it usually isn't.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great info KC, thanks. :)

....Tae-Kwon-Do is, for lack of a better analogy, a quilt of many different parts of cloth.

I called the school that GM Ro started here and he still teaches many of the classes. I'm going to drop by and check it out.

You're welcome ... I'm glad you found it interesting. Not too many people are aware of the history of the kwans .....

Yes good analogy indeed. There are many styles within the style of Tae Kwon Do.

Please come back and tell us about the school where GM Ro teaches!

I love the last paragraph in Frankovich's article.... how many "Modern" TKD'ists are aware of the origins of traditional Tae Kwon Do???? :nod:

Okay, I finally found out who our school is associated with. It is ITF, through the late Grandmaster Choi. Grandmaster Jung, Woo Jin is the instructor of my instructors. He does however have his own branch of the ITF called the ABA, American Blackbelt Association. He has been for the last decade or more been trying to unite the factions of TKD into one body again. You can research his story at the following link:

http://www.jungstkd.com/story.htm

I hope everyone finds this interesting. 8)

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

As I've stated in other threads, I am looking at a couple classes to get back into MA again.

One of the Instructors pulled out a diagram that looked like what you might see for a "family tree". It showed himself, with his black belts he'd trained below him. It showed upline from him, the Master that he got his black belt from, and I think it went back to the Master, that his master got black belt from, and all the other black belts under each. Got to be tough keeping track of all of that, I would think.

Kung Fu - Orange Sash *Last attended 1998

Tetsu Hei(MMA) - White Belt

Aikido - White Belt

Ju-Jitsu - White Belt

I was Ken :up:

I'm kinda glad this thread was started because at least students are now looking into the lineage of their own schools. It is interesting to find out who your master instructor was a student of.....

Any more findings from others???

Right, Kickchick. I am wondering about my instructor's lineage. In Tang Soo Do, I can trace my instructor's lineage all the way back to Hwang Kee. But I'm very "iffy" about my TKD instructor. He claims to know or studied 4 arts. Which isn't a problem. A lot of people do. But he never mentions any of his instuctors names. Except one. I only know his last name. He is a Korean master by the name of Ng. Yes, Ng. That's how ya spell it. I seen a pic of him, because it's on the wall of the dojang. I don't know his rank or anything. It's kind of frustrating to me.

Laurie F